Fitting an oil cooler with inline thermostat and filter relocation!

I had a look through previous thread but couldn't find anything on this so..

Has anyone got a rough schematic of how to plumb up an oil cooler with a inline thermostat and filter relocation kit!

Also did anyone have any issues fitting a relocation kit in regards to the adaptor hitting the PAS bracket like the sandwich plates do?

Thanks In advance for any help!

Adapter clears the PAS bracket, my mocal one does anyway.

As for the rest, it's pretty simple plumbing really. The remote filter and thermostat will normally have arrows for direction.

Thanks Tim, I kinda guessed it would be pretty simple, my main concern was whether or not the adaptor clears the bracket, I suppose I'll see when I come to fit it all!

I've been looking at the Mocal inline thermostats but they are push on fittings, I was wondering will an AN10 hose fit a 1/2" push on fitting? From what I can find on google search AN8 is 1/2"? So with a nice tight clip it should work!

Thanks

I hadn't thought of that.

I didn't run a thermostat with mine, but I'd recommend you do. I really struggled to get oil temperature in my car without one.

Is there a reason you need to go for a remote setup?

Modifying the PAS bracket is simple enough.

If you need to go remote, I'd speak with either Think Automotive, or MLR (eBay) and they'll get you setup with the right bits.

I wanted to go for a remote setup because I plan on running a relocation kit.

I suppose I could put a sandwich plate behind my filter relocation kit? Would this work or would it cause any problems?

If so that would save me having to modify all my pipework to fit a inline thermostat!

Good question, I'm sure on that one!

I've removed my oil cooler setup for the time being with a plan to rethink the setup before the car gets used properly on track, you're a few months early for me to help right now.

Again, speak with one of the two companies mentioned and see what they suggest you do.