Need passenger-side front axle - Any suggestions?

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, and I'm new to learning about fixing cars.

PROBLEM

I'm looking for a passenger-side front axle but they're hard to find online.

QUESTIONS

- What front axle from another make and/or model (tercel, ep91, civic, etc.) can fit my EP82?

- Do I need to replace the whole axle or can I just replace the outer cv joint?

WHAT HAPPENED

I own an EP82 and I recently discovered that the part of the passenger-side front axle that fits into the wheel hub is grinded down and is slipping out.

I had changed the front shocks, and after reassembling, I jumped in the car to test it out. I dropped the hand brakes, and tried to move the car forward but it didn't move. It could reversed but for awhile it would not move forward. Then eventually it moved forward. Later in evening when I was returning, the wheel wobbled while driving and reversing.

SUMMARY

- Car: EP82 GT limited

- Need passenger-side replacement axle

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS

Edited by eurekasfray

Cv joints can be had individually, id-workz on here sells them, you will need to somehow count the splines on yours then order the correct one.

You may also need a new splindle in the hub as if yours is knackered, the new joint might not fit or still be loose. I would just buy a 2nd hand hub complete or just the spindle and stick a new bearing in.

@funny onion: yes its the drive shaft I need. I took a picture of it.

@morgey & @funny onion:

I'll need to get the whole thing because a ring too from one of the three knob-looking parts of the spider end of the drive shaft.

One more thing: I bought the car with an LSD gearbox. I'll show you what the drive shaft looks like as soon a I figure out how to upload pictures to this things

• 4 weeks later...