Logbook questions!

Hi Guys,

Had a look at a couple of GT's over the weekend - both of which had different info on the logbook.

Example 1 - 1260cc but registered as 1995 GT Turbo

Example 2 - 1340cc but registered as a 1994 Starlet 1.3

I'm very paranoid over this and dont wanna get pulled and my car be registered wrong.

How should it be listed?

I've just done a few vehicle checks on the DVLA website for ones for sale on pistonheads.

The majority were 1340cc/1350cc one was 1300cc but none of them were 1260cc!

1260cc I understand was the EP71 Starbo?

How would I stand If I got pulled/crashed a car thats got the wrong CC listed?

it doesn't matter, the police wouldnt pull you over for incorrect logbook information, and even if they did, providing its insured as a 1.3 turbo'd starlet, you have no problems at all to worry about. if its registered as a starlet 1.3, then just insure it correctly (as a turbo, like i said) and it'll be fine.

i've worked along VOSA who carried out the roadside safety checks, so i know how they work. just make sure everythings insured correctly.

The V5 normally has the exact capacity on? :S

I've not gone for the said one anyway - holding fire til I've got the Paseo plates sorted.

I had a look on the DVLA website, and you need documentation to change it so fook that.

If it was like 1300cc/1340cc I wouldnt be bothered but god knows why they put 1260cc!

What about when it comes to taxing the car? And you've got 1260cc on V5, 1331cc on insurance?

if you go into the post office, they wont even look at that, they don't care. if you tax it online, then, well, whats the bloody problem?

it doesn't matter, they get shit wrong, alot, and they know it.

noone's gonna measure your car and say "oop, that has 71cc more than it says on this 'ere piece of paper, naughty naughty". if it has the right engine in it, it'll be fine.