high mileage starlets

alrite just speaking with my bro and weve seen a lot of high mileage starlets out there 100,000 plus..

worth buying? seen a fairly cheap one at 124,000 original engine.. thinking of buying it as a track car, well my bro is..

are they reliable at high milages too?

Well my 97 n/a is at 102k atm. still runs sweets as a nut, mines be well sevised and always looked after but hardly uses any oil that ive noticed and dosnt smoke at all even when cold. If its always been looked after and servised the millage would put me off.

But if you want a track car i would bother with a starlet n/a, something like a clio 1.8 16v for the money and if its getting trashed around a track then there quick and handle alot better than a starbo

Aslong as they haven't been thrashed.

But then again, jap engines can take quite a bit of bashing, there are Toyota Previa's (different car I know, but just an example) around with over 250k miles on them still running fine.

If you thrash it but do b=very regular serving and replacing worn parts then i doubt there will be much problems. I have been thrashing mine a bit for a few months and not looking after it (getting new engine) and it does smoke on startup but goes when i drive it for ten minutes except if i rev hard. And mine has done 95k. It just wont give up. ;)

Bourkey

lol my car has done in excess of 109k and its brilliant, jsut need the occasional thing replacing... but hardly ever tbh! i mean, usual wear and tear things, whereas my other mates have to replace lodas on their cars... the jap's build brilliant cars. thats all we have here :-) good old Toyota/Suzuki ;)

well i said id add my bit

my starlet has 128,000 odd propper miles on it.

its an na engine and it runs as gud as it did when came out of the factory

i always have and always will describe the 4efe as bullet proof asl ong as it has been looked after with regular services.