Hey folks!

Okay, first things first. I'll be brutally honest, I'm a Dutchie living in the Netherlands. However our Starlet forum isn't what you call 'active' so I thought I'd expand beyond borders, and well here I am.

2.5 years ago, I turned 18 and bought my first car, a 1990 EP82 Starlet. Not the most spectacular first car, but it had a bright blue color and it was likely reliable.
I had pretty much zero technical knowledge about cars however, and did a few mods which I did know how to do. I got a new front bumper because mine was cracked, stickerbombed a second bonnet I got and got some alloy wheels. But people change, and time moves on so I got something else.

Change came in the form of a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0. This very car taught me alot of things, about cars and life in general. Had it for 1.5 years until some "less skilled driver" decided to not see me, and T-boned me doing around 115km/h (around 70mph). Luckily, I had a full bucket seat in the car which probably saved my ass. But with that behind me, I got a new Galant. This time, a V6. All fun and games, until the gearbox decided it didn't want to be a gearbox anymore. So that is getting fixed as we speak.

Needed a new daily driver, which I bought from a friend. It was a 1993 Nissan 100NX, or as people over here call it: A Nissan Sunny in drag. Fun little car, loved the targa roof. Didn't do anything to it, didn't even check the oil once. Whoops! But then, I got word that my very Starlet was for sale again. So I ran the license plate through Google, and damnit it was! And not only that, it wasn't too expensive and it was a 20 minute drive from my house. The following morning I went to see it, just to bring back old memories. Seeing turned into a test drive. Test drive turned into checking my bank account... and well a long story short: I have my Starlet back.

Was originally planning to keep it nice. Preserve it. But as things go, I found a track day at Zandvoort and I went. 1990 Starlet, no safety features whatshoever. 100% stock. Did some laps and now I'm hooked... So I'm sticking to my plans I had 2.5 years ago, and now I'm building a track Starlet. Because why not. Currently it has a Corbeau Rev2K bucket seat, gutted interior and I'm planning to get more racing bits. But we'll see where I end up... either with a mad track car, or in the wall.

Good to be here, hoping to find the advice, parts and conversation I'm looking for!

19ZV6-5370.JPG