Looking for a GT - experts views required!

Hi all,

I've had an SR as a runabout for a while now and it's been ok. Now looking for something a bit more exciting due to insurance coming down now. I like the look of the GT, but a couple of things concern me:

1) Parts and garages - are parts easily available and have people had trouble with garages? I dont have the time or know how to fix things which go wrong so it will be done by a pro - i dont want to wait weeks for parts!

2) Reliability - turbo strapped to a small engine - quite a lot of strain i imagine. Are there any common reliability issues?

What do people think of this, its a long way from me so i'll probably leave it, but seems like a good example on face value: http://www.petrolheads.co.uk/sales/392731.htm

I like the Glanza too but the GT looks a more butch. I also hate the interior, its the same as the SR, manky grey.

Cheers

Andre

You are on aforum full of info on these cars so it's all there if you have a look :D

They are easy to get parts and to work on if you want to keep your money in your pocket instead of paying £40+ ph for a grease monkey to do it for you! Most are just monkeys when it comes to these cars.

what ive gathered is there is enough how-to topics to last a long trouble free motoring

here is the board with all the advice you need, there are questions you may need to ask youself there and also with answers in the thread, on top of that there is technical discussions should you need advice on safty precautions, and also the tutorials on how to fit different parts from mechanical, visual or comfort.

Tutorial And Advice Board

i dont own a gt, nor a starlet, but i have a similar car based on the starlet, and of the same age, and it is so easy to work with and well laid out, so saving bucks will help you buy more interesting parts :D

Sam

agreed, my local toyata said a turbo starlet didnt exist..... :S lol. but they are perfectly reliable just aslong as you look after them.

one thing though on that piston heads thread.... unwanted gift for my daughter!?! sounds abit... lol. is it even in the country as has import pics etc?! also kinda expensive for a private sale, espesh as its stock....