Hi i'm new to all this turbo game! I want more boost but i dont want to blow the engine, ive got a full exhaust system, HKS actuator, Apexi avcr controller. The boost on the Apexi is 0.20 % do i need a uprated FPR to run more boost? What would be a safe boost setting?

Any help would be great.

Hi i'm new to all this turbo game! I want more boost but i dont want to blow the engine, ive got a full exhaust system, HKS actuator, Apexi avcr controller. The boost on the Apexi is 0.20 % do i need a uprated FPR to run more boost? What would be a safe boost setting?

Any help would be great.

the max safe boost is 0.85bar.

in order to go any higher, you will need a new manifold, and some form of engine management, and a front mounted intercooler, or at the very least an rx7 intercooler, which replaces the stock tmic.

the absoloute max boost you can run on a ct9 is 1.1bar.

you will need to get the car setup on a rolling road, with new engine management.

er, the basic information above is correct, but the technicalities are not.

The maximum boost your stock ECU will fuel upto is 0.93bar, before your ECU will cut the fuel (i.e 'Fuel Cut).

Any higher and you will need some sort of fuel control or management, as mentioned above.

The absolute maximum boost you can run on the ct9 is not 1.1, it is in fact unlimited. whether or not you will produce any more power than at say, 1bar, is another question :lol:

Many people have run them upwards of 1.2bar for prolonged periods of time, whereas many people have also had their stock turbo shit their pants at stock boost, so it all depends on the condition of your particular turbo. Any more than 1-1.2bar and it will literally be acting like a hairdryer anyway, so best bets is to keep it within its limits and hobble around 1bar, or whatever you feel comfortable with.

The rest of the info above regarding proper dyno tuning and management is bang on though.

er, the basic information above is correct, but the technicalities are not.

The maximum boost your stock ECU will fuel upto is 0.93bar, before your ECU will cut the fuel (i.e 'Fuel Cut).

fuel cut is 0.85bar.

my car currently hits fuel cut, and it hits fuel cut at 0.85. and so does everyone elses i know of.

and the ct9 can produce more boost it can go to 2bar if you wanted it to. but why? you wont get any more power than running it at 1bar. not to mention it will only last about 2 mins. please dont be pedantic ecksjay.

the maximum efficient boost is 1.1bar. any more than that and the ct9 just produces to much heat, and it's life span will be greatly reduced.

alannicky, my advice to you would be leave the car as it is until you can afford proper management. a RRFPR is a crude way of "tuning" your car. Without a Front Mount running more than 0.8Bar is pointless and bad for the engine. Don't put your boost up until you have a front mount and a better understanding of fueling.

agreed

the stock ecu will fuel to .93 bar mate. i ran mine at .9 for ages without any sort of fcd.

.85 is just a tad over stock hi boost.

and youre right about it reading voltage, but the only variable is the map sensor reading the boost. which isnt raelly very variable ;\ ...unless its broken and not reading properly.