Guest Enzo

some might slate me but i wouldent bother to be honest, the only way they could ever findo out is if they stripped the engine, as underneath the manifold is the only clue

all 4/5e heads are the same casting wise.

i have had all different variants of them (4efe, 4efte, 5efhe and 5efe) they are all the same.

the 4efe springs are pretty weak and wont let you rev over about 7 as they start floating the valves. 5efe is pretty much the same.

the 4efte head has slightly stiffer springs, they rev to 8 without trouble.

the 5efhe has stiffer springs (like the fte) and also the exhaust cam on the ACIS/Cynos variant has a slightly higher lift.

ive got a set of FTE valve springs laying about somewhere, you can have them if you like/i can find them. they are the only difference between the fe and the fte heads.

hope that helps.

wow, thanks alot. It's ok, i dont even own a starlet yet :(:D Ill have to bookmark this thread :D looks like this is a must on an n/a mod list, looking for 100-120 bhp but keeping it reliable :D thanks alot to everyone :D im guessing i need a toyota tarcel 5e-fhe head.

Guest Enzo

the 5e-fhe came in the japanese cynos(paseo)

and toyota sera, im not aware of them bein in the tercel bud,

good luck with whatever you decide to do though