I have been reading about n/a tuning and one of the things i see with the 4age engine tuning is making it rev higher. How could i make the 4E rev higher, i see trd do a 4age that revs to 12k, im not sure how they manage this, i think its so do with a shorter block. Anyone have any ideas of how to make the 4E rev higher ?

I have been reading about n/a tuning and one of the things i see with the 4age engine tuning is making it rev higher. How could i make the 4E rev higher, i see trd do a 4age that revs to 12k, im not sure how they manage this, i think its so do with a shorter block. Anyone have any ideas of how to make the 4E rev higher ?

there was allot of tok bout this bout a month back but nowt happened, was people thinking bout using a rola ecu and stuff have a look bout bud

To make a good naturally aspirated high revving engine you'd need a lot of internal work (I'm not sure you'd ever achieve over 10k more than once though lol) You'd need everything forged/balanced/lightened etc, and a good new ECU mapped and setup.

Much easier just doing a turbo'd lump transfer, probably more drivable too mate... If you want a smaller increase on the rev limiter, any piggyback ecu can deliver this, and probably add a good increase in power too, mated to (say) a Glanza S or Starlet Gi inlet manifold ;) that should see ~100bhp :p

Dave

he says the engine bounces at around 6700-6800, i assume this means the valves hit the piston head?? how could you stop this ? i know the 4age doesnt bounce, maybe i should just stick a 4age in eventualy but thats another thread.

he says the engine bounces at around 6700-6800, i assume this means the valves hit the piston head?? how could you stop this ? i know the 4age doesnt bounce, maybe i should just stick a 4age in eventualy but thats another thread.

i think that he means that the valves in the head bounce at 6700 to 6800 rpms.

what this means (i think) is that the springs on the valves in the head are not strong enough to keep the valves closed at the higher revs... meaning that the valves will spontanteously open of their own accord....Not Good.....

Guest Enzo

yea you can buy a stand alone revlimiter with shiftlight, there are a few outhere

and yea the 4efte head is a direct fit, they came out the factory with the redline set to 7200-7800.

but the best head would be the 5e-fhe as the cams have slightly more lift.

You COULD go for the full conversion, but it depends on how much you're willing to spend.. because, once you've raised the rev amount, how close are you getting to the limit of your engine.. I went for the full conversion because the 4age has much more tuning potential and its light so handling is still as good as it was. Depends on what you want matey.

You COULD go for the full conversion, but it depends on how much you're willing to spend.. because, once you've raised the rev amount, how close are you getting to the limit of your engine.. I went for the full conversion because the 4age has much more tuning potential and its light so handling is still as good as it was. Depends on what you want matey.

well at the moment im only 16, hoping for an sr at 17, planning on keeping it for a while and gradually tuning it as i go. I know i cant do major mods to start with so basic mods for me are things like a rolla mani, and 4-1 or 4-2-1 manifold, suspention gear e.t.c. after i get rid of the starlet im after an ae86 or skyline anyway.