How could something so beautiful cause me so much pain?

... it did it, it went and did it to me!!

138 miles from home, Finished work In London...

Long Day of Horse Guard's marchin round in a big bearskin hat and a red tunic..

SO happy to be getting home for the last weekend before Queens Bday Parade

and it went and "fuc-" .. Bloody Did it!!

Exactly half way home on the M40/M42 Link road, Junction 3a

It blew up!!

It bloody did it!!

Head fk-(no, no swearing) bloody Gasket!!!

guys ... how much is this gunna cost me to sort :( (

Especially after a 500 pound towing charge,

I DO Have breakdown cover but apparently only up to 60 miles from home!

So I had to pay 500 pounds to tow it From Birmingham To home!

Guys... Just tell me how much this is gunna cost me to fix :D (

im absolutely heartbroken at the moment!!

If it is just your head gasket gone mate i would say about £200-£300 depending where you take it, just make sure they skim the head and pressure test it and not just replace the gasket.

chiiiiill winston.

In all fairness I'd find it pretty difficult to chill if I'd spent £500 just to have my car towed.

Bad luck mate. :(

thats bad mate.

you'll find that most breakdown recovery services will only cover up to 100 miles, even the aa.

even if you have shit hot recovery, as i found out when i sheared 2 wheel studs 150 miles from home and then had to fix the f*cking thing in the services because my recovery only covered me up to 60 miles!

Bad news mate thats a right sting in the arse... £500 is a lot of money just to be towed :rolleyes:

I would rather left it there and burnt it and claim rather than fork out £500!!!

Hope you get it sorted with out much hassle, it wont cost as much as the towing charge :rolleyes:

it all depends on how savvy you are mechanically. you can change the head gasket for the price of one. itll take about 2 to 3 hours. but youll get done for probably 5 hours labour if you put it into a garage. so itll either be 50 quid or 350 quid.

thats if the head is still ok and hasnt warped or something.

what happened? was it behaving funny prior to it? was you giving it some toe?

yeah it was making a like... revolution noise... like something was like catching if you know what i mean? Like a wheel turning and something catching, although obviously wasnt anything to do with the wheels.

it got really violent right before it went..

but to be honest, the clicky/humming noise didnt happen too long before the car went, as soon as i heard it i pulled over, it was obvious it wasnt a noise that wasnt not serious...

kept driving for perhaps 30 seconds and it got VERY violent, so much so i could feel something in the accelorator?

then bang... smoke and over I went.. felt like something just let go, thats the best way to desribe it?

• 2 weeks later...