hi all. bin to look at another glanza today drove 2 and half hours to find a shed of a glanza dents scratched n just not worth it, that the 3rd one ive seen for about £4000 nall of them body work is bad. im goin to look at another one 2moro witch i no is mint but its £4500 y are they so expencive?? and are they worth for like re sale price say in 2 years time??? i rly wnt one just really unsure bout sending so much , so my question rly is ... what will re sale be like in 2 years time and are they rly worth it and what did every1 else buy one for???

tankyou

I bought my glanza for £4000 mate. Thats roughly the price to pay for a decent one. The reason for this is they are a rare and very sought after car. On top, you get toyota reliability and turbo power! If you manage to get your hands on a decent one, you'll realize that the £4000 you just paid, just goes straight through the back of your mind.

The good thing about glanzas is they do hold the majority of their value, don't be surprised if you lose a grand if you were to sell it in a couple of years time.

Joe.

paid £4200 for mine a month ago, looked at a few like urself and like you found a couple of them are binners. Look hard enough though and youl find a good un.

Like everyone else says and like i found most of them are priced in that sort of bracket but believe me probably the best 4 grand ive ever spent ;)

Ryan.

P.S

if your close enough to leeds, theres a place called chequered flag that sell some minters, completely standard and low milers, like i said if your close enough take a look

Hi mate. I see you are from Trowbridge.

that happen to be Trowbridge in Wiltshire??

I work in Melksham,so not far from you if you are in Wiltshire..lol

I'm selling my glanza if you want to have a look at it,

I took it as Part-ex on a celica gt4 I had.

Its a White R reg with some mods which came on the car, which include,

Air filter

Dumpvalve

Power flow cat back exhaust

boost gauge

Lowered on tein springs

15" wolfrace octane alloys

and the bonnet and roof has black sticker on it but boot has been sprayed black.

the car is HPI clear and i have the report,

Mot is till July 08

Tax till January 09

car is currently on 55k miles and is running in mph

i have just serviced it with

new oil (silkolene £45 a galon)

new oil filter (blueprint)

new plugs (NGK Irridium)

new leads (Blueprint)

new Rotor arm (Blueprint)

new thermostat (Blueprint)

flushed radiator and refilled with antifreeze/coolent

if you like it give me a shout , maybe we can arrange for you to see it..

price i was looking for was £3750 or near offer

heres some pix see what you think

P1000665.jpg

P1000666.jpg

P1000667.jpg

P1000668.jpg

P1000669.jpg

P1000670.jpg

P1000671.jpg

P1000672.jpg

P1000673.jpg

P1000675.jpg

P1000676.jpg

P1000677.jpg

Cant see Glanza's going down in value anytime soon, they have'nt really changed in value since I have been on the scene (3 years)

But as said keep looking until you come across a minter, and obviously the more you pay the better it should be :unsure:

@Physco loving the colour scheme on the Glanza BUT the black tailgate ruins it!!

i paid 4300 for mine was up for 4800 and TBH its a absolut eminter and was offered 5.5k a few days later the more u spend the better it will be. My friend paid 3.5k for his and has blew his engine 2 shocks and a steering rack

A guy local to me is selling his 96 Black Glanza for £2.5k

I don't know him very well but I've seen him driving about now and then and he seems to look after it pretty well.

I've seen the car close up at a Starlet meet last year and tbh it is pretty mint.

If your interested I'll dig some pics out from the meet and can get you his phone number.

Its worth the money if you really like it!

I was really lucky with the price I paid for mine!

But I have found, that most starlets from dealers are around the £4.5k - £5k mark. But obviously with most you get warrenty and full 12months mot.

Where as from private owners you can get them alot cheaper. As said, it depends on whats on it and how much that person spent on it.

Im selling mine and put it up for £4800, just because I want £4600. And people always try and knock you down.

my lil V cost me only £3500 ... minted condition only minor problem was someone had a go at the drivers lock damages is minimal and basicly got me the car cheap with alot of modds already on it!!!

problems with mines were minimum! paint flaking from the mirors that was the worst and thats getting sorted and my front bumpers getting redone and smoothed :unsure: and that will get done for cheap, my cars stunning but that was a fluke buy i had to jump on.

been and seen hangers my self .. but that you could force to knock some money off and repair it for cheap :D

theyre not that expensive now... i paid 5k for mine standard 98, and i knocked him down from £6200! and as you can see above you can get one for about 4k now.

tell sicaln that theyre expensive... he'll probably keel over backwards!