Car was feeling a bit sluggish today when shifting like when i was up shifting it was if it was at bite for a few seconds then it would grip into gear, like the revs rose about 500rpm then fell back down when it gripped. Before when i changed gear you could feel it pull loads each gear change, now its just flat then seems to plod into gear. Also at one bit doing about 40 in 4th planted it, revs flew up car went no where. Done a bit of reading up and im pretty certain clutch is going just want confirmation really with this being my first car.

If it is how long can i expect it to last before the car will go no where?

What are my options on getting a new one? Im planning on getting a V in just under 2 months so could really do without this, money is tight at the min too, should i just get a new standard one? How much monies am i going to be looking at for parts and labour?

Thanks

clutch will be about 60quid, and it'll prob take an hour or two (max) to do by a garage if you dont do it yourself. prob about 100-150quid all in when its said and done probs. so not too bad.