I've played all the Metal Gear's since the first one on PS1 and even those on the Gameboy etc.

The first one was brill. Had it in Japanese then when it was released in English, sat down for 10 hours straight and clocked it in one sitting. It had lots of cut scenes back then, but the story plays a big part in the game.

I've completed everyone except for snake eater, but I got bored and did not think much of it.

Playing MGS 4 now..thing I am on act 3 and im enjoying it, great game. Major cut scenes, but some are very action packed and good to watch. When actually playing, the game is still very good.

Once I have finished it, I wll then go online a bit more.

Really getting into the story at the moment...gone back to shadow moses, where the first MGS started on the PS1! You get to play a little PS1 emulator aswell LOL

Oh and dont expect it to be ported to XBOX 360. It has been designed work exclusively with the PS3 system.

And by the way, play a PS3 with HDMI input on a HD TV 1080p then you'll see.

But great graphics a lone dont make a great game.

Graphics create an atmosphere.

I am playing it on my HDMI Input, 1080p TV, still the graphics/physics are not all that. Graphics and physics people think are great these days are far from where they should be on these consoles. P.C's are literally years ahead. P.C screens are 4 times the res alone.

But saying that i have enjoyed some of the games, they have been a good laugh with my mates.

They don't actually... and a ps3 with decent surround sound, decent telly and then the price of the games, then the controllers and shit you have to buy because they got you by the balls isn't much different, and im probably the least geekiest person you'd meet. Maybe thats why i have a PS3, im just accepting reality. Which people clearly find hard to do through ignorance, as above.

enough, i dont want this thread to be about pc vs ps3, if thats all right, this is about mgs4.

@ GeeUK.... dont be a div, the whole mgs series is a story, that you uncover through playing it, try not to mention any specifics because it ruins the game for others :(

i love hideo's style, its great and i doubt it will go to 360 because he said its a game for ps3, but hes got other stuff planned for 360. oh and they clearly think ps3>360 in the game, uno what i mean if your realitvly far thru ..lol.