i have a problem with my dunp valve at the moment. it stoped pretty much working yesterday when i was driving up 2 south end i did tho , change the hoses at the top plus its a bit of a bodge job as the piping is half blitz old pipe from top mount and half dave burwash group buy as the origional hole at the top was shit for my blitz so instead of wealding i thought i could take on the challenge. << i work in a bank not a mechanic lol thats why it was a challenge for me as im no handy man. but it was working with the dump valve for ages then when i changed the hoses as i was using the origional black one to start off with and i was just tydying the bay up and now the dump hardly ever works. whats going on?

heres pics. im so confused why would changing hoses cause this and its on loose spring seting as far as it goes. plus i notice it is creeping a lot more even in this hotter weather we are having which is odd

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

sounds like the piston in the dump valve is sticking. quick way is to try some wd40 sprayed up the trumpet leave it for like 10 minutes then take it for a drive...... also if it does un stick it any extra wd40 will be blown out.... have sumfin to catch the muck such as t towel. if not take it apart and oil the piston up with a very fine oil after cleaning

• 2 weeks later...