How much boost through astandard intercooler?

Well i think the standard tmic is really good im running 1 bar and it really does the job well still. Not sure if it will be as efficient when i run 1.2 bar on a hybrid so then it would be a good idea to go for a FMIC.

I have an uprated RX7 TMIC for sale if your interested.

The standard topmount is shite!

If you must run a topmount then get an ARC topmount. :)

If you are turning the boost up then increase the cooling as more heat is generated surprisingly enough!

Standard topmount is not up to it IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

I think its best not risk anything when it comes to cooling mate. Ive heard about 0.8 bar max on standard top mount, most people get front mounts when they run 0.8 bar +

Hope this helps

any thing above fuel cut pressure on the top mount and after a bit of spirited driving it becomes way too warm through heat soak to be efficient and you end up geting a charge of hot air which aint no good. get your self either an rx7 topmount, arc topmount or a front mounted one. but be careful with the front mount as if you use too large an intercooler on a ct9 you will notice lag. unless you run a larger turbo to force more air through.