i was told that you can raise the the revs that the car sits on idle (glanza v) mine sits around 400 revs and it's realy lumpy, i would like it around 900 just under 1000.

anybody know as i dont have a clue?

Easy.

Stand at the front of the car with it running,look at the intake manifold,top right theres a lil black rubber plug,pop that out and get a flat head screwdriver and adjust the screw and there you go. :)

not to worry found it :) , cheers for the help, much appreciated

My car seems to idle low and lumpy, it sits on the line below 1000 revs, and sometimes the bloody steering wheel vibrates up and down quite badly especially when you put the heater on full, was this the same for you mate?? cheers nick.

My car seems to idle low and lumpy, it sits on the line below 1000 revs, and sometimes the bloody steering wheel vibrates up and down quite badly especially when you put the heater on full, was this the same for you mate?? cheers nick.

i found generally glanza's vibrate allot on idle anyway it's just what they are like, my car on about 900 revs was quite smooth, i don't no much about the engine but if you have a lumpy idle around the 900 to 1000 mark perhaps look at getting an idle stabilizer?

Not you Rick the guys with stockish cars you need to run a high idle in order to move we run 2000RPM on idle :(

For the others that are not purposefully running a high idle then make sure your throttle body is nice and clean, if you plan to adjust the idle using the screw then make sure the car is warm and the throttle postion sensor is dis-connected, if you adjust it with the TPS it will be unstable again.

T

When you alter the idle screw you also effect the base timing, if it's really low or really high then I would say you were only masking the problem. Is your idle effected badly by your lights/heaters or anything else that uses electrical power or is is stable regardless?

T

only time the idle will rise is if i put on the aircon then the revs rise alittle bit, but thats to be expected is it not? is something wrong with the car? :(

No that's expected with aircon no worries there! If you let the engine warm with no lights/heaters/electrical drain what RPM do you see? You can raise using the idle screw but if it returns to 400 then I would say the problem was elsewhere, otherwise it could have been altered at some point. Has it always done this or only recent?

T

hi mate, my car if left to warm up with no electrical drain revs on the line below the 1000 revs, but is effected when the heaters put on, it drops just below that line and the stering wheel vibrates up and down, anything wrong with my car?? cheers nick

No that's expected with aircon no worries there! If you let the engine warm with no lights/heaters/electrical drain what RPM do you see? You can raise using the idle screw but if it returns to 400 then I would say the problem was elsewhere, otherwise it could have been altered at some point. Has it always done this or only recent?

T

with out any lights, heater etc it runs around 900 it hasnt changed since i turned it up alittle bit, the owner before me turned it down to like 200 for some reason so just under 1000 must be around what factory would set it at, if i put on the lights it does dip alittle but not alot but generaly doesnt change to much from around 900 hundred now.

i was told to maybe clean the butterfly section in the intake manifold as it could be dirty and getting alittle stuck- causing the difference in revs?

after a bit of testing ive found that my car idles at about 750 revs with nothing electrical on, then when you put on the heater it drops below 750 and the steering wheel starts to vibrate, but if i put my headlights on the car holds the revs perfect at 900???? any ideas peeps?? cheers