Greddy Profec 2 Boost Controller set up

Ive been trying to set my boost controller up but i dont understand it, its a greddy profec spec 2, if anyone can tell me what settings i should have an it, my car mods are Backbox, Screamer pipe Decat, BOV, any help will be good. thanks

the settings someone else uses wont be the same as the ones you'll need for your car. you have to 'tune' it to find the best settings, its easy to do mate, just keep tweaking it until you get the desired effect.

the settings someone else uses wont be the same as the ones you'll need for your car. you have to 'tune' it to find the best settings, its easy to do mate, just keep tweaking it until you get the desired effect.

lol been messing with it for too days but still dont udnerstand, and can tell much difference from standard. if u knew what the settings meant it would be easier, such as GAIN no idea what it is. lol thanks for info so far.

the GAIN is the wastegate responce, leave that at 0% when tuning the desired boost. youll tweek that later on.

the SET GAIN should also be kept pretty low when tuning the desired boost (about 0.3kpa) and then touched up later on.

you only really need to tweek the SET.

once the others are set low. then start changing the SET value.

start at about 25% give it a footful in 2nd and see where it peaks. if you want more, go up a few percent. if you want less. cut back a few. im guessing with your mods it'll end up about 12 psi at about 33-35%.

once you are happy with the boost level. then set the SET GAIN to a few psi lower than what youre running full boost at.

you can also increase the gain to make the turbo spool faster. but if you set it too high youll end up overboosting and causing a spike.

once you have the desired boost level, itll take you a day or 2 of fannying about with the GAIN and SET GAIN to get it perfect.

hope this helps.

Dont forget the SET % will be different according to how you have youre actuator setup :p It literally will vary for every car.

Do as Rick said, Leave the GAIN %'s at 0..

Work on the SET untill you get the desired boost, then start tweaking the GAIN settings untill youre spooling quick enough, but not overboosting.

If you set the GAIN's too high, it will automatically up the SET (the desired boost level) and youll notice it slowly creep past what you originally set it at.

Comprimise between holding steady boost and spool time.

imo profecs are wank, ive had 2 die on me previously and id never touch another..

Keep me in mind if youre profec solenoid dies though, as i have a brand new one sitting here :(