tried a search but cant find anything so thought ide ask

whats safe boost to run on a stock manifold with its pootastic 3rd runner issue

planning emanage but need to tune it at a safe tune to last me till i td04 it

not putting a ct9 manifold on if im swaping for a td04 one later on

so in short whats safe boost for a stock manifold ??

tried a search but cant find anything so thought ide ask

whats safe boost to run on a stock manifold with its pootastic 3rd runner issue

planning emanage but need to tune it at a safe tune to last me till i td04 it

not putting a ct9 manifold on if im swaping for a td04 one later on

so in short whats safe boost for a stock manifold ??

Now then,

I'l port you the manifold, we'll be able to max your turbo out without worrying about the 3rd runner.

Now then,

I'l port you the manifold, we'll be able to max your turbo out without worrying about the 3rd runner.

to save fucking about changing manifolds etc, and to save spending time porting out the mani, just run it at 1bar, it will be fine for a few months, if you run it slightly rich.

i know this as i have done this, just dont rag the shit out of it because it will go bang otherwise.

but the safest way is to run it at 0.8 bar.

to save fucking about changing manifolds etc, and to save spending time porting out the mani, just run it at 1bar, it will be fine for a few months, if you run it slightly rich.

i know this as i have done this, just dont rag the shit out of it because it will go bang otherwise.

but the safest way is to run it at 0.8 bar.

Why would a restrictive runner on a single cylinder make the car run rich?

You know this how? Wideband? Rolling road? Mapping? Or your mates could smell fuel and it black smoked when you change gear?

He wants to run 1 bar. It takes an hour to port out the manifold as a safety precaution till he's got enough cash to have 1 made.

Why would a restrictive runner on a single cylinder make the car run rich?

You know this how? Wideband? Rolling road? Mapping? Or your mates could smell fuel and it black smoked when you change gear?

He wants to run 1 bar. It takes an hour to port out the manifold as a safety precaution till he's got enough cash to have 1 made.

i didnt say it would make it run rich, i said he should run the car rich.

the manifold doesnt make the car run rich, thats just silly.

you can use 1bar on the stock mani if you tune the car on the rich side, now providing you dont go everywhere full throttle, it will be fine, i was running it for 1 year and half, while i saved up the cash for another manifold.

unfortunately the car got written off by a transit, so no longer have the car, but i know the engine is still in use, as it was put into another starlet.

and it's not just runner 3 that is restrictive, runner 2 is almost just as restrictive

i didnt say it would make it run rich, i said he should run the car rich.

the manifold doesnt make the car run rich, thats just silly.

you can use 1bar on the stock mani if you tune the car on the rich side, now providing you dont go everywhere full throttle, it will be fine, i was running it for 1 year and half, while i saved up the cash for another manifold.

unfortunately the car got written off by a transit, so no longer have the car, but i know the engine is still in use, as it was put into another starlet.

and it's not just runner 3 that is restrictive, runner 2 is almost just as restrictive

Sorry i missread your post.

A quick port job will take an hour like i said, it's much better to do for safety.

I've seen car's running over 1 bar for years without problems, but it's much safer to take that the precaution.

Sorry i missread your post.

A quick port job will take an hour like i said, it's much better to do for safety.

I've seen car's running over 1 bar for years without problems, but it's much safer to take that the precaution.

i see your point there dude, and i agree :lol:

Now then,

oreyt rick

didnt know you was on here

no worries i didnt know you'de port it hence me asking lol

laters

• 11 months later...

does anyone have any actual flow data for the flowing issues of the manifolds?

i only wander as we had a similar thing in the mr2 world about restrictive runners on the stock manifolds until someone made over 638rwhp out of on.

Just looking for facts to see how bad it really is

Tim

TB Developments

does anyone have any actual flow data for the flowing issues of the manifolds?

i only wander as we had a similar thing in the mr2 world about restrictive runners on the stock manifolds until someone made over 638rwhp out of on.

Just looking for facts to see how bad it really is

Tim

TB Developments

You can barely fit your finger in one of the runners its that restrictive, its a flawed design where there is a bolt hole in the runner. You don't need to flow test it to show that its very restrictive. ;)

i know what your saying but would be intersting to see how bad.

going back to what i was saying with the mr2 manifold design that has the same but obviously the manifold is alot bigger, did some work on a glanza a few weeks ago and was shocked to see how small the turbo really was lol. but i'm still learning, plan to get one myself then branch into the tuning side of these cars as well.

Tim

TB Developments