Why are the three green dash lights always lit up on my glanza?

Today i noticed that the three boost lights in the instrument cluster are constantly on and they shoudlnt be. I have a blitz gauge and its showing my boost levels so i dont need the lights anyway but i want to know why all three are lit up even when i'm in vacuum and not boosting!

Any ideas?

it can be an indication if a faulty map sensor.

have you got an FCD fitted?

does it run fine or is it raelly grumpy when off boost?

yeah i have a jam FCD installed but the car seems to be running the same as before so i dont know whats wrong. If its a faulty map sensor how much are they to replace and how hard is it to fix it?

its very easy to fix matey,im sure some one on here has a map sensor you could have for even a tenner,they aint that much.could be a dodgy connection even?

the lights get their reading from the map sensor.

so if the map jams up and keeps the voltage high, the car will think its on boost and cause running problems when off boost. but youd know all about it mate, as it would run like a piece of shit. sometimes a badly installed FCD can do this.

but yours is running ok, so we can scratch that.

it could be a dodgy connection on the dash. you could pull the cluster and check the back. but if it isnt causing any problems, id ignore it inless its really pissing you off, lol.

if you are worried about it being the map sensor you can stick a voltage reader on there and see whats its reading. i cant remember exactly what voltage it is when it goes to possitive pressure, but i think its around 2.5 volts. so anything over 3 on idle would be a problem. fuel cut is just over 4v for reference.