Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

new windscreen washer bottle

Picture006-1.jpg

new home for fpr

Picture005-1.jpg

abs model coolant bottle, only £43 from toyota including the bracket, and all fittings, was pleased with it

Picture004-1.jpg

new clutch slave as mine burst when being put back in

Picture003-1.jpg

the reason for the new washer bottle and coolant bottle

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Ahh yea of course remember you posting in the new hybrid thrread on TGTT, the WG set up looks different to what I remember though!!

Thoughts on the kit mate, its on my list possibly :blink:

it is a very good kit if i'm honest, the boost kicks in real hard and i acheive full boost by 3500rpm, it also hasnt been tuned yet and the boost controller is off, so i'm hoping for a spool of at least 3k full boost when it's all tuned with a bit of luck.

the wastegate might look different because i have had it welded back into the downpipe, as i not a fan of screamer pipes.

also if people are wanting to know, the attain hi throttle, makes absolutely no difference to throttle response, so imo is a waste of money unless you want a blue anodised throttle linkage

• 6 months later...

Engine out................... AGAIN!!!!!!!!! 3RD TIME IN 6 MONTHS :mad:

car001-3.jpg

car002-3.jpg

boot full of parts

car003-3.jpg

well after a lot of fecking about, i still have no car 7 months later

changed me brake cables, and the gf decided the calipers were rubish, so decided she was gonna paint them,

it was a choice of red, or gold from my old fiesta, so i went for gold, it's a really subtle cold, and just makes the calipers look new

P04-04-09_174301.jpg

P04-04-09_1743.jpg

and while i was there i decided to wash under the arches

P04-04-09_1848.jpg

well the build must go on, so.....................

after actually having the brake lines for 2 years, i fitted the front ones about this time last year, and at the weekend i have only just fitted the rear ones lol

P18-04-09_1742.jpg

the girlfriend got bored and decided to clean up the alternator and starter motor and decided to do a spot of painting

P19-04-09_1702.jpg

P19-04-09_1703.jpg

P19-04-09_1704.jpg

P19-04-09_1706.jpg

and i fitted the second race harness, again i've had this for over 6 months now :p

P19-04-09_1708.jpg

hopefully have the rods on wednesday, and then i can send the block off to the machinists.

block is now down at the machinists, i have complete faith in this guy though, he builds race engines for a living, and has 9 months work in front of him, which means he's bloody good at what he does, when i dropped it off to him, his workshop was just full of engines, and he has a special cubicle that is air tight and as clean as a whistle to ensure that no rubbish gets in the engine. guy certainly seems to have all the right parts, and impressed me with some of the engines he currently has down there, one he's working on at the mo, is an aston martin DB5 engine.

this is where i am upto as of today, bit of a piss take the car has been off the road for 10 months now (well, excluding the 2 weeks it did work for)

i feel i've kinda lost all heart and inspiration at the moment, but that will probably change when i have the engine back.

if i get it back, was supposed to have it back 6 weeks ago, it now been with the builder 9 weeks :)

oh well

notching on block

DSC00016-1.jpg

markings on bolts shows it was built to a high standard

DSC00015-1.jpg

DSC00014-1.jpg

painted blue, mucxh to my surprise (was gonna paint it black, but i now rather like the blue lol )

scribble on pistons (makes sense to an engineer, but bugger all to me)

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

the engineers sums, for the compression ratio

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00013-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

yeah it's going good amigo, done 250 miles, but i have an oil leak, so car is back off the road again until the weekend when i get a chance to look at it,

i think it's just leaking out the sump, or at least i hope it's just that.

tuning is booked in for the 1st august

woh those wheels have a deeeep dishes there lovely, what are they.

car is coming along nicely bud keep up the good work

there TOM'S RACING night spirit c3-r wheels.

i believe night spirit imported some for his car, but then decided to sell them, i have only ever seen 2 sets

• 11 months later...

never realised i not updated this for some time,

engine bay looks a bit different now, and i added a race ported cylinder head custom built by mike lowman race engines.

and some arp headbolts while the head was off,

also changed rocker cover and leads, and the car when to abbey motorsport to get tuned and made 240bhp @ wheels,

DSC00197.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

scan0001-1.jpg

i still not happy with the tune from abbey, so soon i will be going to see steve@fc tuner soon hopefully