When servicing your car what do you do? do you lets some wrench monkey do it for you and pay the money?

or do you service your self?

I service my self last thing i done was my oil/oil filter!,

this is what i plan to service, any other idea's lads?

Also if you done this your self how much are the parts?

Iradium sparkplugs = Unsure

manitec leads (blue) = Unsure

Oil = £25

Oil filter = £10

Engine coolant = £3

Screeen wash = £3

Disc's = Unsure

Pad's = £10

I service my car myself, its not difficult at all.

If you wanna do a big service the go for

Oil

Oil filter

Fuel Filter

and a set of plugs

air filter if running standard.

brake fluid change.

When servicing your car top up the levels i.e screen wash, power steering etc, check lights, jack car up ....check tyres (pressures/treads) cv gaitors, bushes, check for play in wishbones steering rack, track rod ends ect, leaks. just have a general look over.

With regards to braks and coolant.

I would only change your pads + discs if almost worn out, no point buying some then finding out they are fine, same with rears.

Do you know when you last had a coolant change, if ages ago or you have done a fair few miles since the last change then do it.

Ive prob missed a couple of things but you get the general idea.

hope this helps

i've not yet had a car long enough to warrant a service but i've done my mums before, sometimes you get good deals, my grandad was saying he got a 42 point service at the local arnold clark for 60 quid. thats not bad at all.

but i prefer the hands on approach, only problem being no service history if you do it yourself

I have a 4EFTE rotor arm here... brand new, genuine Toyota, still in the box.

PM if you're interested, they cost £17 from Toyota, I'll sell it for £8 inc p&p.

Im servicing my car this week, also i bought my ngk Iradium plugs for £31 delievered and thats was off dave burwash on ebay. Hope that helps??

Matt

why call yourself newbie when pretty soon your have a few posts under your belt and that name will piss you off ?

not having a go just wanna know lol

why call yourself newbie when pretty soon your have a few posts under your belt and that name will piss you off ?

not having a go just wanna know lol

Its ok, i get called newbe by mates as my surname is newbegin (little strange i know) <_<