i am having a bit of a fuel cut problem. and have seen that a jam fcc is up for sale. with one of these is it just a case of wiring it up or does it need rolling roaded afterwards. also does the same apply to a hks fcd which i believe is quite similiar.

if you're hitting fuel cut, there's a problem elsewhere. cracked wastegate, sloppy actuator etc. just fitting a fcd or fcc will remove fuel cut, yes, but you have to remember that its there for a reason :p

it'll solve the current problem, however the future problem of several blown pistons will be a fresh new challenge for you ;)

if you're hitting fuel cut, there's a problem elsewhere. cracked wastegate, sloppy actuator etc. just fitting a fcd or fcc will remove fuel cut, yes, but you have to remember that its there for a reason :p

it'll solve the current problem, however the future problem of several blown pistons will be a fresh new challenge for you ;)

a cracked wastegate will cause less boost, so will a sloppy actuator.

stick to the advice given by jaystar.

you are probably hitting fuel cut if you have a cat back exhaust and air filter, mine used to hit fuel cut with just these mods.

if you have a decat that will also cause fuel cut.

if you get an fcd/fcc, then i would recomend getting the fuelling checked. you will also need to stop the boost from creeping most people do this by porting the wastegate, but that involves taking the turbo off etc etc.

best thing to do is make a restriction, normally putting the standard air box on stops this and is by far the cheapest and easiest way to stop boost creep.

also what boost are you running?

if the actuator is sloppy, it'll be very difficult to control the boost. ct9 stock actuators are absolute junk, if you're sticking with it then definately look into replacing it with at least something like a JAM/Tom's, or perhaps a HKS adjustable unit, if you aren't running a boost controller.

I found that with a well tuned Blitz DSBC i was able to control the boost on my glanza to an extent, whereas with the boost solenoids bypass it would creep to fuel cut at the most annoying times. The twin solenoid setup on the blitz units are very effective at controlling boost, even when everything else is crap. Ofcourse, problems will still be there, and if its creeping then thats just the wastegate on the ct9's renowned for being crap (too much exhaust flow and they go mental, as above, hence why people port them). a friend of mine had some reducer plates that went in the exhaust system, which seemed to cure his creep, however that was rather severe.

was paraletic yesterday, didn't actually read anyones posts, thought it was just lack of control fur de boosts ^;

• 1 month later...