fitting some gauges

ive booked for a week off work soon and decided that im want to fit my pillar pod and gauges in. does any body know how to fit the following gauges?

water temp

boost - rynos how to is missing pics

arf gauge

cheers guys

ben

boost gauge is easy, under the bonnet you have your vacuum line running to the bov carefully cut that in half- with the boost gauge you should get new vacuum line and a T piece, put the T piece in the line and connect it all together, the new vac line you received will run into the cabin, there is a rubber bung in the fire wall (i used this to run the vac line in) once you have got the line in(this was one of the trickiest parts) just connect that to the back and you should have a complete vacuum pressure- the gauge will read a - something until you actually accelerate and wont pass 0 until you hit boost.

you will also probably have a back light on the boost gauge just connect up the live to one of the lights (mine went to the fog, as it was closest) and the other should be a earth just connect that to a individual bolt connect to the frame or i found a earth which ran to another earth so used that ;)

hope that kinda helps

It certainy won't take a week! Boost as above, afr assuming its just a narrowband will just have a positive and negative wire and one which takes the afr reading the ecu see's, so you just need to splice this into the correct wire to the ecu.

For the water temp gauge you'll need an adaptor which goes in the top radiator hose for the sensor to screw into, then its just the other power wires again.

Also with the pillar pod, I'd get some strong mounting tape, I've got "foam mounting tape" from B&Q as the pillar doesn't have the same clips as the standard one so needs stuck down at the top.

nah i didnt think it would take a week but i hte doing things half arsed and like to get it rite. any chance you could point me in the direction of the water temp adaptor please. at the moment i havent bought the afr gauge but it says somthing about not coming with an oxygen sensor?

Just go out and measure the diameter of your top rad hose and get the one that is the same or slightly smaller. ;)

do i need the inside of the pipe or the outside?

outside = 36

inside = 28

Air/fuel ratio probe should be at least 2foot away from turbo exhaust dont forget.Also try to mount it in a position that wont allow moisture to settle on it over night inside the pipe.IE angled slightly on the top side of the pipe, not the bottom nearest the road.

Drill a hole in either youre downpipe or exhaust section, get a welder to weld the bung in and screw the probe in.Hook up the gauge to sidelight illumination if needed, earth and acc live, feed the probe wires through the gromet in the firewall and bang em into the gauge.

What afr gauge did you buy bud? Hope its a wideband and not a el cheapo narrowband piece of useless shite :p