Somehow my rear passenger light got broken, while looking for cheap replacments I found this site, and rather than get the normal Starlet lights I've ordered (from Toyota) the reflect lights (number 4 from this thread)

I also had a moment of weakness and ordered the clear repeaters and some clear indicator lenses, there's a FAQ on how to fit the repeaters, but I've no clue as to fit the rest! :lol:

Opened up the bonent and there a screw that looks like it holds the indicators in, and there's some plastic covers in the boot behind the rearlights, if anybody could make my life easier by giving some tips I'd be greatful, thanks a lot

Edit: The indiactor are just lenses, but I got the full units for the back lights

what model have you got?

on my old EP91 and my current EP82, the front indicators came out if you remove the screw and tap the housing with the palm of your hand towards the front of the car, they should come out. some force may be required :lol:

as a EP91 is different to a EP82, i need to know what you got to tell you how to remove the rears

I got the indicator lenses and repeaters, will fit hem when I have time and daylight, the guys ordered the wrong rear lights though

I gave him the part numbers for the lenses, he said he worked back and got the right ones, but I think he just ordered the ones that went with my chassis number, which gave me standard Starlet lights, they took them back which was good of them

Think I'm gonna try again from Fensport, they only got the one set of lights, but I think now the the clear backgrounds would go better anyway

Thanks for all the help I'll let you know how I get on

I got the indicator lenses and repeaters, will fit hem when I have time and daylight, the guys ordered the wrong rear lights though

I gave him the part numbers for the lenses, he said he worked back and got the right ones, but I think he just ordered the ones that went with my chassis number, which gave me standard Starlet lights, they took them back which was good of them

Think I'm gonna try again from Fensport, they only got the one set of lights, but I think now the the clear backgrounds would go better anyway

Thanks for all the help I'll let you know how I get on

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do Fensport do them for that price for the cover or the whole cluster?

If its the whole cluster-I'll get from them. :lol:

Not got round to phoning up and checking, there's a few other bits I wanna get from Fensport, but I want to get them at the same time to save on postage (need to see if the insurance people want a kidneys as well as an arm and a leg!)

I'll let you know StarletSi when I find out for myself

Picy attached as promised

NewSideLights.jpg

i took a hack saw to the two spars in the upper grill, on my ex-s sportif, i think it helps cleaning up the front of the car,

P1010200.jpg

what do you think bro?

also have you thought about takin off the side rubbing stripps

P1010195.jpg

Wasn't sure at first, put just painted over the grills in the pic above and it doesn't look to bad, I'm considering it

My only worry is that there is a piece of metal that come out of the front of frame and supports the front bumper via those grill bars, will it still be firm/strong enough (don't want it bending/falling off), and while I think about removing the grill bars will leave V gaps where you cut them off, did you fill those gaps?

Phoned the insurance bods, I use Swinton (like my parents) as brokers, but the policy is a Zurich one, they don't do modified cars, and my insurance has 6months to go before I get my 1Yrs NCB, so I'll get a quote off elephant in a few months time as they seem to quite good based on what people have posted in the insurance thread

DSCN0405.jpg

i actualy prefer just the removal of one of the spars like miraccles tidy brief

you have nothing to worrie about with a piece of metal, #

there are little vs cut into the bumper but there is a number of ways to sort that out,

and there is no need to tell your insurance company about little modifications like this,

your just askin for hastle if you do,#

and if your worried abou the legality it highly unlikely that they would refuse to pay out on a ding if you have removed on eof the spars from the grill,, think about it :p

and if your worried abou the legality it highly unlikely that they would refuse to pay out on a ding if you have removed on eof the spars from the grill,, think about it :p

Yeah it could have just fallen off.

Maybe I'll start with that, I've got some other question I want answearing, I should really start my own ride thread!

there are little vs cut into the bumper but there is a number of ways to sort that out,

Like to share? :p

Edit: Removing, the side plastic, yup wanna do that too!