• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you get them both in the gt and glanza.... suposedly they are meant to take the flares out the car before they come over but people dont bother there ass.. it only a flare lol.. also i was beaten to my flare B) ..... dam you Jay

someone on AOC posted this after asking a traffic cop

Q - "The flares you sometimes get with imported cars, whats the legal stance on these? Illegal or not?

A - "These are pyrotechnic road markers for breakdowns or road accidents. As far as I can see, these are not illegal to possess and they are not strictly classed as 'fireworks' as their intended use is not for the purposes of entertainment.

Obviously if you were to throw one whilst lit or use one in a reckless manner, then that would be different"

so this is the legality, laid out and true.

get them to write it down and then sign it along with their details etc.. then scan this so we can all have a copy to hand if we ever got pulled :p

ou will get done no matter what, because your car didnt come with one and is not an import :p

As above.

I would expect, even if what the PC said was correct, this would be assosicated with GT Imports only. As they come with them as standard.

If you drive any car that doesn't have them as standard, then I am sure it would be classed as illegal.

i think your wrong, where in his answer does he refer to them being solely for an import, he states that they serve the purpose of alerting other road users, why the hell would it matter if the car it came out of is an import the principal is the same.

Simply because a police officer can THINK anything is true, but actually giving you FACTS and proof of what he told you is another thing.

I very much doubt he has a book that tells him the rule of flares from Imported cars! So therefore he is more than likely going by what he thinks.

I may be wrong. Only proof that will prove this is a confirmation in writing.

Also...why aren't they supplied in other cars from the UK???? Be good to get an actual answer!

Not for me its not I am afraid. But thats my opinion.

I have seen an incident where a police officer quoted a friend that he was absolutly fine to drive around with his neons on on his car. That night he was fined by another officer, although he confirmed the police officer told him it was ok and gave them the officers name. They told him its no proof!