Hey im new to UKSC, I have had my starlet for for two years now and have bought a universal back box. I no this is cheap and bad but as im a student it all i cant afford it, and im sick of the pee shooter out of the back. I have it fitted but basically the garage shafted me and put some crap piping and it cracked within two months and i cant get them to fix it! any ways just wondering what i need to do in terms of what piping i need to purchase (sizes angles, reducers??) so i can get a real welder to fix it? Its a 1.3 (thats why im not saving for a full system, no point) Jap import 16V (non Turbo... i no, but still love the drive) says soleil on the side its the old style body kit. I have been to a few garages and they were all sayin to me its gnna cost alot of money to get the pipes welded.... i was not so sure sounded bull to be quoted like 300£, to be honest it would be a simple welding around the right rear chassis. Any ideas?? or garages i can trust?

Jon

Powerflow Cat Back - £350

Powerflow Back Box - £100

thats only ones i know personally lol, would be cheaper to go to a registered installer, price includes welding etc

First lesson learnt.....universal fits fuck all......do it cheap....do it twice!!! :mellow:

Secondly any other garage will charge a lot because they are fixing someone elses fuck up ;)

thirdly if you are gonna get an exhaust fitted buy a specific exhaust for the car or get a decent company to make one up for ya.

Powerflop aint a decent company! They've pissed me around before with a cat back system for my old GT4 that was nothing more than a backbox and 18" of pipe for £300! Needless to say i ripped them at the franchise and the owner of powerflop a new arsehole and it was sorted out eventually! Never again will i use chimps like them on any car i own ;)

Ok one question what back box should i get i have seen the blitz nur and HKS systems, but will these attach to my standard down pipe, just tinking that these will have a much larger diamater that the OEM back box??

Hmmm.. powerflow dosent seem too bad an option, Only thing is that i have heard some bad stuff about them. have you had any work done by them? yea I know 300 for a Job like that takes the piss.

My starlet before i bought it and my brother had his C2 done at Alpha in Leeds, the guarantee seems to have lasted judging from my starlets zorst

Ok one question what back box should i get i have seen the blitz nur and HKS systems, but will these attach to my standard down pipe, just tinking that these will have a much larger diamater that the OEM back box??

The Blitz Nurspec and HKS Systems are turbo mufflers mate so they are going to be at least 2.5".

The oem n/a backbox is approx 1.75" as well as the entire piping of the whole exhaust system.

Aim for a backbox with 2" - 2.25" diameter for a closer match.

Its better to go for a proper n/a tuned backbox such as the blitz realize or there is a nice selection of new and 2nd hand backboxes/systems on the yahoo japan auctions but these come at a price circa £350+ and wont really give your starlet much gains for the money. A proper specific system would benefit if you are going for a total package EP with extensive engine, ecu and intake work done however.

If you keep your eye out you could find something nice.

Stay away from powerflow and dont go universal unless you are going to sell the car soon. Both are not a good investment.

Hope this helps

Joz