Well pfc's are actually quite dumb, there are many alternative non-bolt on management systems that are FAR superior to PFC's, link, ems, fcon I've etc etc, so yeah, any will be worth a try, but at the end of the day it is ALL down to the tune, even the best management on the world will be crap in the wrong hands. So whichever you do go for, make sure the person who tunes it knows the system, the car/engine and the setup very well, otherwise you'll never get the most out of it.

You may find its just unsuitable for drag, at which point i expect you'll diverse and use it for track use etc. There's a few guys that have had a stab at drag but they really just don't do it well, there are motors which do it well and motors which don't, and unfortunately starlets aren't one of them. It'll be fun with big power, dont get me wrong, but once you go over a certain threshhold, having too much power will just slow you down (through lack of traction), you'll discover that pretty early on though i expect, and either way it'll be fun. Td05 will be entertaining on a track anyway, and probably where it'll shine, and providing you have the chassis/braking mods to suit, it'll be a considerable force to be contended with, especially as it'll be so light.

The dan i'm referring to is greasy dan, think his username is goldenvtr. I believe he's running a 5E etc now, however even when he was running a home brew td04 on his old 4e, it was still putting out quicker drag times than 300-400bhp starlets, which proves that power isn't everything, its all about how you get it down (pretty sure he pushed that thing to the limit on the strip though, and i'm sure he'll admit there's cars out there that'll do it much easier and cheaper, and quicker).

What EMS unit were you intending to go for? think they do a few. Speaking of which, who were you gonna have tune it?

cool cool, thanks alot for your input! and i agree 100% and dont really rate the pfc compared to other avaliable products! since that post last night ive decided to get an fcon vpro gold.. have managed to get hold of a version 3.24 for a reasonable price so thats the route im going to go down.. next will be to have a word with the boys at rhd japan in regards to sourcing a cruise loom.. oh and then i will need an auto/ na tps.

yeh your sure right.. it will be extremly interesting to see what we can do! and yep know who your on about.. dan is a shit hot driver.. hence the awsome times!! i managed to get 14.9 out of standard car with mullered block.. it was her final send off :p lol.. which i was quite impressed with ;) lol.. but i will see what i can get her to do.. but will need to get an oil cooler before track time starts :).

and im going to get paul to set her up.. hes mapped dave's and we have a similar set up.....

• 3 weeks later...