PCV + Catch Can

Well the other day I took my throttle body off to give it a good clean, there were some nasty deposites on it and Idle was dropping to 500rpm on occasions.

Then I noticed inside the inlet manifold there was a nice pool of oil :) so I whipped that off and gave it a good clean also.

Now my question is, Is it against the law (MOT law :) ) to have an oil catch can attached to the PCV?

Well the other day I took my throttle body off to give it a good clean, there were some nasty deposites on it and Idle was dropping to 500rpm on occasions.

Then I noticed inside the inlet manifold there was a nice pool of oil :p so I whipped that off and gave it a good clean also.

Now my question is, Is it against the law (MOT law ;) ) to have an oil catch can attached to the PCV?

hey mate I've wondered the same thing previously,

I was thinking is the cusco oil catch can a closed loop system or what.

In the photos for it on the RHDJapan site it has 2 blue connections for hoses at the top so i guess that it could be connected to the PCV with just sum extra hose .

your pcv wont open up if it isnt attached to the pelnum, its vacuum operated.

i dont have a pcv at all, and i pass my mot ^^

HEY RICK DO I NEED THE PCV VALVE ?

CAUSE THE NOZEL BROKE SO I WAS THINKING I WOULD PUT A BRASS BARB AND AN OIL CATCH CAN WILL THAT AFFECT PERFORMANCE OR MY ENGINE ?

you dont need one no.

i dont have one. i have mine running yo a catch tank.

just make sure that if you run both the vents in the cam cover to a catch tank that you MUST HAVE A VENT IN THE CATCH TANK

if the tank isnt vented youll cause a world of problems.