New member from Australia

Yea same gains as using the Corolla 4efe inlet manifold all the power is moved up the rev range and you need to increase the rev limit to get full advantage, just watch those valve springs ;}

Sparky,

You seem to know your stuff! We should chat online :)

Yea. I'll be using 4efte valve springs to overcome the problem. They are "tougher" from experiments done by the Aussie blokes

Yes, I have a spare mild ported head from 4efte engine ready to be installed as soon as I can get a set of cams ;)

I have been waiting for speedvision.com to stock on the cams for months now. If it doesn't come in 2-3 months time, I will have to custom make it from 4efte cams(regrind and grounded) to my intended specs.

Fingers cross and hopefully speedvision stock them up soon.

On top of that, I have a microtech LT-8 standalone ECU too to be installed once the engine head is installed. I'm also putting TRD thin headgasket (0.5mm) to help raise the compression.

used to love the na 4e, you seam to have all bases covered, have you thought of an underdrive pully,

also a 5e-fe engine is such an easy swap,

you really have covered most avenues, what about a header/exhaust manifold?

six speed gearbox perhaps, they are all ideas :p

Hey, NA boy here......as far as the engine mods i have only done the corolla manifold noticed a v-big difference no blank spots anymore when changing from 1-2 and it pull`s much stronger and faster. cold induction is next with a remus backbox and flanged decat insert pipe thing...im only really aiming for 100bhp or so but i would go further depending on cost/gain ratio as there has to be a point where cost doesn`t justify the gain.....when the engine dies 4EFTE it is!

FTM

used to love the na 4e, you seam to have all bases covered, have you thought of an underdrive pully,

also a 5e-fe engine is such an easy swap,

you really have covered most avenues, what about a header/exhaust manifold?

six speed gearbox perhaps, they are all ideas :p

Hi there,

I have headers installed already ;)

Hey, NA boy here......as far as the engine mods i have only done the corolla manifold noticed a v-big difference no blank spots anymore when changing from 1-2 and it pull`s much stronger and faster. cold induction is next with a remus backbox and flanged decat insert pipe thing...im only really aiming for 100bhp or so but i would go further depending on cost/gain ratio as there has to be a point where cost doesn`t justify the gain.....when the engine dies 4EFTE it is!

FTM

I'm pretty sure with headers, full exhaust system, pod filters you will get 100bhp and more.

I'm currently aiming to get 100hp at the wheels with my mods