sorry if this has been asked before...

i have just fitted my decat pipe and my exhaust system and im hitting fuel cut wot exactly do i need to do to get this right?

and how much will it cost me?

thanks

you need if you don't already an adjustable actuator (hks, toy tuning) and a boost gauge to see exactly what you are boosting at, then all you do is wind the adjustable actuator down until you can drive go onto boost and not hit fuel cut (under 0.8bar)

it might take a bit of adjusting to get it right, but this is the cheapest way unless you have a boost controller in the car to adjust it that way.

actuator= £80

boost gauge (dependant on quality) = £20-100

hope that helps mate.

is boost cut not 0.93 bar?!

really ^_^ wow i was always under the impression it was 0.8?

but if you can afford an ebc get one, but if you cant just use an adjustable actuator.

oh nd yes you need an actuator to use an ebc (electronic boost controller)

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Fuel cut is there for a reason. Get the mods to support the boost and it wont cut. Getting the FCD first is just asking for trouble seriously. Take it off before you damage the car. Also a HKS FCD leans out the fuel/air ratio so unless you have it set up correctly on a rolling road you can damage your engine.

Hope this helps

Bourkey

^^^^ As the Bourk man said dont be silly and just slap a fcd on.... what you blow your engine from running lean? just dont what to see a thread saying that so take it off and wind down the boost until you have the supporting mods :)

^^^^ As the Bourk man said dont be silly and just slap a fcd on.... what you blow your engine from running lean? just dont what to see a thread saying that so take it off and wind down the boost until you have the supporting mods :)

cheers for the replys and the help! could anyone please tell me how 2 solve the proplem next..e.g parts 2 buy....!

oh and its on a ep91 with full exhaust hks filter and dump valve