Well after being on the site for a while now I thought it was about time I showed the car to people who haven't seen in the flesh!

So here we are my 93 K ep82 turbo��

When I first picked it up it was a little worn in places roof was faded and a few scuffs from the Japanese ownersâ?¦

starletside.jpg

starlet2.jpg

starletback.jpg

starletgtfront.jpg

It had a few Goodies on it

hks actuator Running just under Fuel cut

Apexi Filter

KYB Dampers with RSR Springs

BuddyClub P1 15"Alloys

Dump Valve

Decat

5Zigen Exhaust 2.5" Single silencer System

After a few weeks I found that it would hit boost cut some days if wound up so I purchased a

Hks FCD

FSE rrfpr

After fitting everything myself I took it to get setup with the fueling etcâ?¦.

It proved to have a few problems ie timing set incorrectly 18degrees BTDC and produced 134bhp and 154lbft of torque at 3100rpm! @ 1 Bar on ct9 And wouldn't rev above 6400rpm on the rollers!

Got the timing sorted away from the rolling road but never put it back on the rollersâ?¦

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

Awesome to drive but spun up as soon as it hit 3000rpm which was a hassle to drive really, After meeting GoldenVtr (Dan) and seeing the setup he was running I sort of made my mind up about the route of power I was going to follow(TD04) as the powerband seemed in a much better place for the way I drive.

I kept seeing Black Ep's with white wheels and thought crap they all look the same so out came the sandpaper and paint 4 hours later.

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

DSC00234.jpg

Had an experiment with the bonnet for several months

DSC00423-1.jpg

I then spent a fortune and had some of the paint rectified roof etc that were a little rough...

After a while on the ct9 it started to smoke intermittently on idle (turbo seals) and the Manifold had cracked all the way through on cylinder 3! Welder out for the temp fix sorted the crack and put up with the smokeâ?¦It's a daily drive and family car for me my wife kid and dog so taking it off the road was a big no. I started sourcing parts from people off the site and off scoobynet and the TD04 collection had begun!

All in all I spent the Grand total of £513 on everything to convert my car to TD04 power including attachment of the old exhaust to the new downpipe and all intercooler parts .

P250308_1727.jpg

Turbo Source had 16k miles on it

P030408_202901.jpg

Bracket made by Rob Bower

P030408_2033.jpg

I bought an Apexi Neo fuel computer ages before with wiring harness off Toby and fitted this..(Still not setup lol)

And Booked 3 days off work for my 30th birthday and my projectâ?¦

2 Days later and a new radiator

Removing air con must have been the most time consuming part.

16082008462.jpg

I ran it @0.6bar as it is today..

Then Alex (EP82) offered me his D2's for a bargain price

And gave it a drop

16082008469.jpg

I was running with the intercooler 4inches from the ground

P1000359-1.jpg

so today I raised the intercooler and cut the front bumper out etc

16082008461.jpg

16082008463.jpg

16082008464.jpg

16082008465.jpg

16082008466.jpg

16082008467.jpg

Thanks go to Rob Bower for his fabricating skills on the actuator bracket and forgetting to tighten the oil pipes later onâ?¦.lolâ?¦ Which blew the oil all over the A57. Fixed next day after a tow home.

Next on the cards is boost control and a proper setup on the rollers with 1 bar etc

Thanks for looking and I hope people find inspiration from my car as I never did anything as dramatic to any car as this turbo conversion.

*****Update september 2008*****

Thanks to the wife's (starbozo) new car and coming with a Bride bucket Seat and Rail (Also the fact that her dad don't fit in it lol and he needs to use the car ) I got my hands on a new seat...

20092008766.jpg

20092008763.jpg

20092008764.jpg

20092008765.jpg

It is very faded so I re-died it but it didn't take as well as I hoped!

And before anyone asks why the bit under my ass looks different its because the original bit was sooooo thin it was like sitting on the concrete and I needed a little comfort...so made a new piece up. Its a little thin also so I'm very snug lol the people that know me will understand I'm not little lol.

*****Update 27 September*****

On Friday we had a trip out and the car overheated spat the water all over the road! The AA man said it would be a suspected headgasket?? Yeah right. So I got home and replaced the thermostat and put my new radiator on

26092008773.jpg

26092008774.jpg

26092008775.jpg

26092008777.jpg

Ran it up to temperature and then noticed water all over the gearbox! Turns out the rubber pipe which goes from the thermostat housing to the water pump under the inlet manifold was leaking really bad which had caused the problemâ?¦ I hope.. it took all day for that diagnosis! Now the pipe is now fixed thankfully and the car is back on the road keeping an eye on temps we are going to take it out tomorrow to check for any failures. :lol:

Cheers

Andrew

Looks good mate :blink:

But I prefer the white alloys to the black.

everyone has their own opinion but every black GT in this area has white wheels and I like to be different... Also I think it looks more like the track slag its working to be.

Keirz there's a meet in sheffield every third wednesday of the month that I usually attend if you wanna come along either that or we could arrange with Rob and a few other to find a pub in between and all meet for a drink..

Nice write up man :ph34r:

Home made turbo kits ftw :D

Sorted out the stuff with the rad/coolant yet by the way?

Funny you said this actually I've not been on for a while but after fridays AA trip I thought I'd update my thread with a few improvements made.

• 2 weeks later...

nice build for the money uve spent uve got a weapon there!

wheres the manifold from and are you runing more than .6 just yet?

ps that seat looks the bizness, must help with driving.