1991 GTturbo failed MOT

what the f**k? its a 1991 and it failed on emissions because the computer said it needed the cat test.

he said the lambda o2 reading was too high or something.

he let it passed as he didnt know what the fuck was going on either.

any views on this?

what the f**k? its a 1991 and it failed on emissions because the computer said it needed the cat test.

he said the lambda o2 reading was too high or something.

he let it passed as he didnt know what the fuck was going on either.

any views on this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this may be of help to you or may not mate, but my car failed mot the other week on emmissions also... and the co levels were too high and the lamda reading was miles out also... basically, it was overfueling by a huge amount... my mechanic replaced the lamda and it passed first time.

have you noticed a heavy increase in fuel consumption recently? as if so, this could be your problem. ine was on about 27-28mpg before the new lamda, whereas now its over 37.

hope that helps dude.

Rich.

thats a bit of a bugger up!! jus back from mot there now and guess wat there was oil leaking outta the gearbox at the passenger drive shaft but he never noticed it i got FAILED on headlight alignment!! buggeres awell retest on saturday!!

the bloke who did mine hardly checked anything. it was a 15 minute MOT!

when i fit my new blitz decat ill be fitting a brand new lambda so it rules that out. ive not noticed any rise in fuel consumption so i dont really know, i do suspect the lambda may be a bit knackered though.

where did you get your lambda probe from?