major problem really need help

ok after my long road trip to spain in the starlet a few weeks ago, whils on the way back i hit some large dips it the road, ever since when i go over 40mph the car shakes badly until 70mph where it doesnt shake too bad, now ive had the wheels re balanced and checked, but it wasnt that so i took it to my local garage who put it up on there ramps and diagnosed it as the diff bearings being fcuked, causing the diff to move.

so today i spent a fair few hours putting my old 4efe gearbox onto my 4efte all went on well but took it for a spin and its still shaking like mad so it wasnt the gearbox, i am so annoyed cuz now i am completly baffled i really dont have a clue what it is??

any ideas to what it could be or has anyone else had a similar problem?

any help appreaceated

thanks Dean

Jack it up take the front two tyres off MAKE SURE ALL IS SAFE etc n get some1 to build up speed through the gears while you check what is actually bent, broken etc....if its something visible youl be able to tell right off if its the wheels the vibration will stop.

i don't think there is any way to do that safely... if the engine shakes too much in one direction it could topple...

i don't know what other peoples views are but all due respect in my opinion that isn't a good idea and sounds dangerous.

other fact of the matter is that the brake discs are held on by the wheel, you wanna apply huge forces to essentially unfixed bodies?

take it to a garage if what bourkey says don't work

What suspension are u using? If its coilovers with adjustable top mounts it could very well be that the camber has been knocked out of place. Theres alot of garages that dont have the machine to set camber up on the coilovers so it could be they just checked the tracking and balancing.

Check that as well, as mines shakes after 60 and its becuase my cambers out a bit.

thanks for the replies ive already had the wheels checked and re balanced, i also only have the standard shocks with 40mm springs so i carnt even adjust the camber. this is becoming a night mare, i carnt belive i spent yesterday putting a 4efe box on for it still not to work, im gonna go and hav another look at the stupid car.

i personally think its probably gonna be your wheels... just because you've had them rebalanced doesnt mean theyre not bent out of shape, afterall, the first thing thats gonna take a beating on rough roads are the tires/wheels.

if you've got some spare steelies sitting around try them on it, at least it'll rule out that.