fitting a new head unit on a 1995 ep80 starlet

just a case of unscrewing centre console, then undo screws holding stereo cage in place, remove take out old stereo (mayb screws at sides), put new one in, use harness connector on car wiring behind stereo, connect to new stereo put back together done

just a case of unscrewing centre console, then undo screws holding stereo cage in place, remove take out old stereo (mayb screws at sides), put new one in, use harness connector on car wiring behind stereo, connect to new stereo put back together done

thank you all mighty one :(

i am confused.looked for screws and fond lots but none near the center of the dash.any body help where to start.so far i have taken the plastic piece at the bottom of the center dash now what?take out the ash tray?so confused!!!help please!!

Hi mate,

The centre section where the radio is should have two screws if it's pretty much the same as an EP91. If not then it shold just ppull out. Then i think the radio will be screwed in as it is on the EP91 if not then you just pull it out, unclip the plug in the back and plug the new one in. Then just reverse all the steps it back together. You best taking pictures though as i've not been in many GT's so it isn't fresh in my head what you do with them :(

Bourkey

see where the dials are for your air con there should be 2 bolts with the heads faccing towords the gearstick remove those and the cent of the consol should just pull off. then once you got that off the shold be 2 bolt above the stero a wee bit out from it and 2 at the bottom also a wee bit out from it. remove them and the full cd player or casset which ever you have should just pull out and then its apparrent what to do.