Ive got em and i must say 1 of the best things ive bought for the car so far.. Relatively easy to install, hardest part is finding somewhere to put the ballasts :p .. Got mine from ebay £85 delivered. And they are the hi lo beam kit.

All u need to do is remove existing bulbs, take care puttin new 1's in and then connect all wires etc.. U have a kind of remote box which has an opposite connector to the 1 that usually goes onto the norm H4 bulbs. U need to plug this into any 1 of the old bulb connectors (other 1 is then taped up). Then *voila* pure bright white light.

Love the lil flicker when u turn em on.. :p ill try and find the place i got em from. They said they were specifically for starlets due to hi/lo beam :p

Be careful though, to be legal you need headlamp washers and self leveling headlights. Otherwise you could be blinding other drivers...i personally wouldnt retro fit them as i absolutely despise being blinded by drivers coming the other way :p

EDIT: they must also have the correct number...it goes on a scale from pure white to white with a blue tint...cant remember off the top of my head which ones are legal.

going for 6thousands, the general choice for people, as that site says.

Fair enough. As long as you don't mind driving around illegally then go for it, personally i dont see the point, the standard EP91 lights are perfectly acceptable, and uprated bulbs can still be legal and emit more light over standard :p

indeed they will be illegal, however whether it'll be enforced is another thing.

if he doesn't mind paying the fine if he gets stopped on it then it's up to him (hid's without headlight washers can be very dangerous as the light gets dispersed in all directions due to dirt refracting it, often blinding people).

They do look much better, although the yellow jdm effect is also very cool :p

Well my friend has a Lupo GTI that has xenon/hid lights standard and they do not have washers on them but im assuming it must be self levelling ? Aslong as your lights dont get stinking dirty and they are adjusted to the correct position then you should be fine. Maybe even adjust them downwards more than normal to ensure that. Then if the police ask you know all the laws etc and you can say they are self levelling. He/She's not likely to goto the effort of checking i doubt.

I get dazzled by normal lights often enough when driving. Mine arent dazzling as they are now.. Even when your close up lookin at them eye level and considering my car is lower than most it would probably at worst dazzle some1 in a ferrari or lambo who is practically sat on the floor.

Some people are lucky and some make sure they are set correctly and therefore avoid any problems :p

EDIT: to go back to what others have said and to help cover u maybe in case u get pulled. If they mention the lights say that they were on the car when it came from Japan and that it passed the MOT. Just act dull to be honest. I very much doubt that u will have trouble aslong as u clean them regular and ensure they are adjusted well. The only thing that makes ours not 100% legal is that they require u to have HID units to house them in and auto leveling. Apart from that they are E marked and have hi/lo beam too so those things arent a problem.

• 1 month later...