Anybody can tell me the gearratios on an N/A and a Turbo.

is there a big difference?

or can people tell me like:

in 5th gear in a Glanza at 60mph i am doing ... rpm.

or like

how far can you pull the car in second gear? 5.5k revs is 60mph?

and is the Turbo transmission much stronger or other aspects different from the N/A one?

i am asking this cause i am planning to get a FTE but am not sure if i should get a FTE gearbox.

Thanks MUCHO!!

sweet jay thanx for that,

Kevin in theory any c series box should fit, its toyotas most popular type of box.

here is a list of evey gearbox that should fit with the use of your current bellhousing

wiki clicky

im after a corolla d4d box if i convert the auto v, 5th is extra long, good for over an easy 155 with some boost behind it and a crusing speed of 2400rpm at 60.

Thanks for the mass of info!

Enzo thanks for the info to, I am really just wondering what the differences are of the FE and the FTE gearbox.

Is it worth it to get a FTE gearbox? Is there a noticable difference in rpm at cerain speeds?

I see the FTE gearbox has a closer ratio gearbox, am i right?

I could be doing some highwaymiles so i am really intrested in the RPM at 60 of a FTE, as a can check an FE myself.

at 90 mph my FE is revving so high...

Ok so doing some research, i decided to at least get a C56 gearbox with my FTE , that the original Glanza gearbox.

On wikiwiki i found some different gearratio's than stated in this topic, but can't confirm that these or the ones on the wiki are the correct ones.

Is it worth it to get a FTE gearbox? Is there a noticable difference in rpm at cerain speeds?

if your stayin na than not really, the gear ratios are essentialy the same

the internals are stronger but thats about it

I could be doing some highwaymiles so i am really intrested in the RPM at 60 of a FTE, as a can check an FE myself.

if your interested in crusing at a lower rpm like me you would want a corolla/yaris diesel box

i am getting a FTE convo done, the main question is

should i get a C56 gearbox with that? i guess i should cause it has stronger internals, but the ratio's hardly differ?

What enzo is saying is dont get the gearbox because of its ratios but more for its better strength and suitability for the FTE engine Kev :) I've also been recommended to get a stronger box for my rebuild, Im still thinking about it but will most likely stick with the current 5 speed because it is low mileage and hardly abused. For you it would be different as you are converting to fte and it would be much more suitable for you to at least get the gt or glanza gearbox. Ive been in a few glanzas and they dont half sound like they have a lot of force going through them during each shift, you can bloody hear it lol.

Hope this helps.

Joz

Helps alot Joz!

and thanks Enzo for your feedback to!

My gearbox has about 100k miles on it, so its not the freshest box anymore. Certainly the strenght is a big thing to since i am planning on tuning my FTE.

I guess that the high revs at highway speeds will still be there, but it will certainly be ok for tuning and that is most important!!

You got it man.

If I was you Id upgrade to at least the GT/Glanza gearbox for peace of mind and reliablity (as long as the donor box is in good condition), it just wouldnt be logical to stick with the na box unless you couldnt afford to upgrade it which is often the case in most situations. Also try and see what other boxes there are in the same price range, you may be surprised to find something better like the one Enzo mentioned or even a 6 speed of sorts, there are options left right and centre, you just gotta find out more about them and your needs also, but another factor is are the other ones strong enough also..

Happy hunting Kev :)

Joz

There are a couple of guys in the netherlands that drive with a N/A gearbox, as far as i know they didnt have any probs. but they didnt put alot of miles on it yet and no big tuningprojects done on them.

:) My mechanic is happy to work with my engine but not with the gearbox lol (lsd and new diff bearings/seals), he is a good guy but I guess even he has his limits. Recommended me a guy in Larne lol of all places, I better get hunting.

Joz

the difference between that and the c52 is almost nothing. therd and forth are slightly shorter but in real world terms you would never notice

so c52 or c56 for the win!

that say about swap c52 or c56 with с160 corolla AE111 ?

on my subjective opinion of issue on 6MT more short than on standard 5MT c52 or c56...

• 3 months later...