insurance quistion? havin a bet with my boss

right what it is, one of the lads at our work (cafe manager)gets all the supplys for the cafe, so he will go out prob 3 times a week max to buy food, now i said that as he is driving for work he will need buisness insurence, but my manager said he doesnt? so i put a bet on with him for a full £1 that im right...

so am i right any legal guys on here know?? or have i lost a £1 lol

He definately needs buisness insurance.. if he gets pulled by the popo... the stuff in the cars not the cafe managers... its the works stuff.. he will get done stupid as it makes his insurance null and void!

you need buisness insurance on the vehicle if hes using it for buisness purposes.

R.

I second that, as one field of my work is fleet management, and as the things in hsi car and the purpose of travel is business related his personal cover will not cater for this (excuse the pun). Whenever he takes his vehicle out to buy supplies the insurance is effectively null and void as he has not purchased the correct level of cover for him. If an accident was to happen and was declared to the insurance company what it is he will be indeed shafted for what he is doing. Cops won't pull him over for no reason as it will show up on their system as he is insured for driving, but they won't know purpose of the trip.

2 options to solve this, either purchase the correct level of cover, i.e social leisure, commuting and business OR be added to the company fleet insurance if there is one, or have the business reimburse him for the increased premium he has to pay for doing these trips.

Hope this gives a little insight, obviously I'm not in the insurance industry, but since I do fleet management I do know a thing or two in this respect.

So your £1 is safe!

Yes end of. When you take out insurance it asks you what you are using the car for. If you have an accident when using it for business use and your insurance find out, which they usually will, you might as well drive uninsured ;).

Bourkey

As said above. I worked in insurance and can tell you he needs to be covered for it.

When you get insurance on any car, you are asked what the cover is for. And if you even drive your car to and from work it needs to be covered for commuting. But if he is doing proper running around jobs in the car then he needs Company Insurance, so if for instance the car was in an accident and the stuff inside was damaged then the insurance would cover the costs.

Hope you get your whole £1!!!