Well, The KYB Excel G are the ones that come on the Glanza's and GT's as standard. They are gas filled shocks so are reletivly good. The oem uk ones are oil filled and as Asad said they will burst in a matter of months. The gas ones are better though.

As Asad also said you are better off finding some KYB Special SR's as they are made for lowering springs so they last a great deal longer. I have these coupled with some Eibach springs. The handling is pretty dam good and i like to chuck it about on country roads.

Bourkey

hard to get hold of matey......the ultras would be easier id say because they are quite new

look around on yahoo etc BUT i dont think rick n harrison will be buying from jap land till the exchange rate gets better (not for a while)

i should think they would be more than fine for lowering springs...do some research n see if you can get em cheaper n ask around on ratings i think a few people have them here.

bare in mind you have to physically put then into the old housing as it were, to use them as you only get the damper

They weren't on my SR and looking at the massive amount of history i have they had never been replaced. Plus i pulled some Excel G's off a Standard Glanza in a scrap yard and i have seen many of them on standard Glanza's and GT's.

Bourkey

So, lowering springs on standard shocks would instantly murderise them?

Just asking as Alex is getting coilys so will probably be getting his Tein lowering springs

(suppose tis best to just invest in uprated shocks though?, do it cheap, do it twice and all that?)

They may bugger them in a month or a year or longer mikey. You may get lucky but i wouldn't bother, best to do it right first time instead of paying to do the same thing twice. The best way is to source some matched springs and dampers.