As are the 5e ones, there are marks on the cams for the 4e and 5e make sure you time it up for the 4e otherwise your car will run like a piece of shit like mine is right now ;)

Sheekey is the guy to get hold of, ask him for the cam timing info, he sent me a few pages of the complete head overhaul step by step guide, that will help you no end :D

£50 posted Baz or £52.50 by paypal seems fair and I can get them sent to you asap. They came out of an EP91 4EFE and are reasonably clean.

They aren't light items and will be packaged well.

I'd give them 8/10 for condition Baz, they arent bad at all even with a few small nicks on one or two lobes as can be expected.

Here's a photo of them.

CIMG0267.jpg

The green stickers are what I used so I didnt get them mixed up with my other cams.

The way you described yours must be really bad?

Joz

i would really like some without any chips, i dont think mine are tooooo bad.

But if its possible to get a macro picture of the chips on yours??

il soon be able to tell you whether there worse than mine,But that sounds like a good price.

Not much point worrying about torque settings unless its for drivetrain bolts/nuts or engine internal stuff.

13nm for the caps, bloody hell my torque wrenches dont even go down that low and ive got a 5 ranging.

Just tighten everything with a bit of common sense, you know if youre going to strip a thread etc by feel.

And why are you worrying so much about little nicks out of the lobes? if the cars running fine, you wouldnt notice the difference even if you bought brand new cams from toyota unless literally a lobe is missing :thumbsup:

Hi Baz.

They are in very good nick. Just one or two lobes have small amounts of wear which is normal.

I can try and get better pics if you want but I tried my best with those ^^

You can see the majority of the lobes are in very good shape.

If you want these mate I'll be happy to wait til you can afford them but please let me know.

Craig if the man wants to replace them, why not :thumbsup:?

Talk soon

Joz

why not thats all im thinking, i just want to prolong the life of the engine to be honest.

the chunks are missing actually on the highest lifting point of the lobe. it would be good if i could get pictures, but the covers back on now.

there not a MUST but i can just imagine them getting worse knowing my luck.

Dont forget you'll have to check your valve clearances again Mr. Baz Sealey's Siegen range of cheaper tools have the perfect long angled feeler guages. Dont forget to use grease too clean everything perfectly etc its wee jobs like this that can get out of hand and stuff. I would check for cracks on the lobes and I'd just refit your own cams again. Ive had 'a few' FE with the same damage, beat them back together an dont worry about it. Did you use the service bolt when you removed the intake cam??

Thats one of the main questions i have, how do i adjust the valve clearances?

I havent taken them off :( ...yet.

But may be worth giving them a good inspection as when i took the cam cover off to paint etc the two cams that were damaged,just happened to be facing upward.

So it makes me wonder what state the other lobes are in.

And when i inspect il get some decent photo's up for your expert opinions :thumbsup: