Kanye West Fans

Anyone intending to buy his new album 808's and Heartbreaks that he's releasing this month, be warned that the album is COMPLETELY different to anything he's released before.

The whole album is done in auto-tune, the same style of "singing" that T-Pain and Akon use.

This will not suit everyone's taste, and it is not what you would expect from a normal album from him.

I'm a huge fan, but just got the new album and I really would advise listening before buying..

Just trying to stop people wasting money while this pathetic credit crunch is on!

Like a good mixture.

Eric B. & Rakim

2Pac

Eazy e (NWA)

Ice T

Ice cube

Mc ren

Notorious B.I.G

Ol Dirty Bastard

Wu tang clan

NWA

Pimp C (UGK)

Outlawz

Plenty of others too :p

good list man! feelin the old skool dude!

Never liked Pimp C, I felt he truly defined that you get legendary status after you die.

I do however like Bun B a lot, feel he was easily the best of UGK.

Bun B is good, together pimc c & bun b made it happen.

The late 80's early 90's stuff is propa.

He had somwhat of a death.

Not sure if you've heard of 'Too Short', his stuff is oldskool. He released like 16 albums.

Bun B is good, together pimc c & bun b made it happen.

The late 80's early 90's stuff is propa.

He had somwhat of a death.

Not sure if you've heard of 'Too Short', his stuff is oldskool. He released like 16 albums.

I understand the whole UGK scenario, I just thought that Pimp as a solo artist wasn't as talented.

I agree on the older stuff, it's got silly now, but I feel there is still a few artists keeping it going properly. Common for one I feel is one of the few rappers left who is still genuinely talented. He does seem to be trying a bit too hard to push into the mainstream now though and can see him going downhill.

I've heard a bit of Too Short's stuff, and what I heard, I liked.

• 1 month later...

i liked his older stuff, dunno about this new style though ^_^ can kind of see he is trying to diverse.

we will soon find out if people like it, just wait to see the record sales against his previous albums ^_^

To be honest the majority of fans of an artist will buy their new stuff good or bad. Most people won't even know that he's completely changed style (which was the reason for this topic.)

The album has grown on me and I listen to a few songs occasionally, but the warning still stands! ^_^