ATTENTION MANCHESTER! STOP THE CONGESTION CHARGE!

This is something that I have a very passionate hate for and im hoping fellow car enthusiasts will. This dam congestion charge that the government plan to bring here to Manchester has begun voting now. Im begging you to pass this on to any car club website that you may be a member of in the hope we can stop it with the no vote.

My main reasons for the No!!!

1)We already pay for the roads, which by the way are in shocking condition, especially here in Manchester. I have to spend a regular amount on tracking due to the poor condition of the roads. There is a few particular roads around Manchester that are worse than a dirt track.

2)It won't solve the congestion. It is merely going to move it else where so other parts of the North will be gridlocked, especially round the M60 ring road.

3)It will end up like London. Instead of loads of cars in the city, there will be thousands of the big bending buses we have here in Manchester. These have been known to cause more traffic with the back end sticking out of bus stops.

4)It is just another chunk out of the hard workers wage. Fuel Tax, Road Tax, and Council Tax all of which disappear into England's bank account so the government can pay themselves massive amounts.

5)The £2.9 billion they want to spend on this could be spent on better junctions, safer roads and policing, which we desperately need with all the gun and knife crime here.

6)The people paying the charge will have to pay for the road for all the buses, pay for the buses they don't use, pay for the trains they don't use, and pay for the system they don't want. All to fill the pockets of the government.

7)Cities like Birmingham and Edinburgh have already stopped this for the reasons I have mentioned.

8)If everyone went on public transport, even with this wonderful investment, it could not cope. The buses are crammed full, the double length Metrolinks they put on at peak times are always full.

9)Small businesses would suffer due to the extra costs of bringing in goods to sell. They could either take the extra cost out of profits or pass it on to the customer. Either way it isn't going to be good.

10)The cost of living will be higher here due to the prices of goods like food & clothes going up but the pay would be the same.

11)We are entering a difficult financial era, Why make it worse by spending our money on something that could cripple the city.

This would cost me the full £5 a day to go to and from work where I earn an honest living 5 days a week. 5x5 = £25 a week. 25 x 48 weeks (4 weeks hol) = £1200 a year on top of my insurance, Tax, MOT's, and most importantly, Petrol.

If I didn't have a job, I would have part of my rent paid for, get free money, get a discount on the charge and I would get to relax at home all day. Where is the fairness in this country.

If you know anyone in Manchester or live in Manchester please vote no!!!!!

Thanks

Bourkey

Public transport is fucking crap.

A couple of years ago when I had only the bus to get me around, it cost 85p (was £1.15 for adult) for me to get from my town, to the next town, about 10 minutes away. It is now at a whopping £1.80 or something like that, so for there and back that's more than 3 quid!

Plus then you get the uncomfortable, slow, boring bus ride, which is sometimes crowded, I dunno about you but I hate being on a crowded bus, fucking hate it. Oh and not forgetting having to wait for the bus which is either early or late.

And they try to tell people that public transport is better? My arse is it, it's cheaper, more comfortable, faster, and easier to go in a car.

Where do you go to vote against this shit?