Billet sandwich plate

Hello all, I've just bought some gauges and billet sandwich plate, just wondering if anyone knows if it will fit, just seems to be abit limited for space, I've got to run an oil pressure and temperature gauge.

if it does not fit is there another way of doing it, cheaply?????

really need help

cheers

Well if you still have the aircon in it will be an even bigger pain in the arse, if you don't have that in then you can get to the oil filter easily. When you go to fit the sandwich plate you'll see where you need to grind away the bracket and where it will foul the sandwich plate, depending on the sandwich plate you might be able to grind a bit off it which would be easier.

This is a pic of someone else's car, you can see where they've grinded a bit of the sandwich plate, however its a small one to start with:

SN850027.jpg

Edit: You can see the standard oil pressure switch here:

CIMG9696.jpg

Its down on the right hand side of the block, however, again its hard to get off without having at least the downpipe removed.

ahh i see, that would be betta if i could grind abit of the sandwich plate away, i do still have the aircon in aswell so i i think its gunna be a pain, would i have to dismantal the front end or could i do it without doing that?? cheers

ahh i see, that would be betta if i could grind abit of the sandwich plate away, i do still have the aircon in aswell so i i think its gunna be a pain, would i have to dismantal the front end or could i do it without doing that?? cheers

Its so long since I removed my aircon that I'm not sure! :thumbsup:

If you remove the engine splash guard you can get to the oil filter quite easily (with the car jacked up), but the aircon pump is right in the way too so it would probably need removed but I'm not entirely sure...