Boost fluctuation Issue!

Another little quiery I have people! Bear with me as I will have to explain it in detail.

Now my Blitz Ecu is in and is running sweet, I've been able to turn the boost up. I set it to what I thought was 1 bar (15psi) using my dawes device boost controller.

Now, heres the issue I have. When I put my foot down, especially in 2nd gear above 3krpm, the boost naturally comes in very rapidly. The boost shoots to 16psi sometimes then settles right back down to 13-14 psi. I know this is the nature of the initial spool of the turbo but that is quite a big peak! I'm hoping that installing a decent ebc will allow me to lower this peak as it concerns me slightly.

The target boost I'm aiming for is 15psi or 1.05 bar. In reality Im not achieving that, Im only running 14, sometimes 13.5psi which isnt my target. My question, presuming that the blitz access is fueling sufficiently, is if I increase the setting on the dawes device slightly so that I am settling at 15psi, will the initial peak of 16+psi (1.1bar) be too much for the engine to cope? Bear in mind that it only peaks to this for a very short time and doesnt always peak at 16, sometimes it will only reach 15.5, sometimes it hits 14psi dead on and stays there, it depends on what gear im in. Usually 2nd gear initiates the largest peak. My engine has done 75,000 miles and was compression tested with all cylinders being spot on.

Any help would be much appreciated on this, I want to be running a steady 1 bar but don't want to push things too far. If there is a way to stop or minimise this boost spool peak, that would be ideal.

Cheers,

Alex

firstly, youre using a dawes device. they are not the most accurate things in the world.

you need an electronic controller to enable you to set the gain on the actuator to give you constant steady boost.

secondly. get a good actuator. if you havent got a hks/jam one. get one. they help alot.

Thanks Rick. I've got it pretty much sorted now. It seems my autogauges boost gauge was reading all over the place. I've now got a more accurate (bar) stepper motor gauge installed and the reading is much more consistent and stable. It doesn't shoot up and back down any more, I think being a mechanical cheapo jobby the autogauge just wasnt able to give a steady reading. It turns out I was only running a steady .9bar, so I've upped it to a stable 1.05 bar for now which feels miles better.

I already have a toytuning actuator (which due to a thread problem, I cant adjust past 12 psi), but I will be getting an ebc though defo, just need to decide which one to go for!