Induction kit/Air Filter Query?

I've got a bit of a query regarding an air filter on my SR and I wondered if anyone could help me with it? <_<

On the top of the airbox there is a sensor plugged in and before I just leave it dangling I wondered if there is anything specefic I should do with it? Or should I drill a hole in the inlet tube and push it in there?

I'm sorry if there is a post on here somewhere about it, I've searched and looked at peoples project builds but had no luck with an answer!

Oh and it's an HKS mushroom filter and I'm using the standard rubber inlet tube.

Thanks for your help :unsure:

I've got a bit of a query regarding an air filter on my SR and I wondered if anyone could help me with it? <_<

On the top of the airbox there is a sensor plugged in and before I just leave it dangling I wondered if there is anything specefic I should do with it? Or should I drill a hole in the inlet tube and push it in there?

I'm sorry if there is a post on here somewhere about it, I've searched and looked at peoples project builds but had no luck with an answer!

Oh and it's an HKS mushroom filter and I'm using the standard rubber inlet tube.

This might not help you as I don't know much about the 4efe, is the sensor clipped onto the airbox or actually plugged in?

If its clipped on it will be an aircon sensor and doesnt really matter, if its plugged in you need to plug it in somewhere as it will be either the MAF or to do with the MAF (if the N/a has one??)

it's only an air temperature sensor so it can be left out of the filter, just leave the wires to it pluged in and it will be ok :p

when i had the air filter on my n/a it was rough as fuk with the sensor hanging out but i put it throught the whole in the pipe work and it ran good after that. i think it might be an afm (air flow mass) meter. id stick it in there what harm can it possibly do?

I drilled a hole in my intake pipe and used the rubber bung out of the airbox so it sealed properly. Works fine.

On another note, I'd recommend getting rid of the crap standard rubber pipe, there's loads of pipes and silicone pipe and reducers on ebay, and shouldn't cost too much.

Answered your own question mate <_<