Blitz DC Boost guage/live unit install

Hi all, Ive just picked up my lovely Blitz DC boost guage and the live unit. Now i need to know what wires i need to connect up. Is it just the black and red ? (Live and earth?)

Any help would be great.. I can get pics of the wires if needed.

Cheers.

Dale

Alright mate, got sparkys one I see, thats one sweet boost gauge mate.

Get a piccy up of the wiring. Usually its pretty simple. Just wire up the red (and possibly yellow too if there is one) to a live point such as cigarette lighter or ecu, and ground the earth somewhere on the car or clip onto an earth wire

I presume its a stepper motor gauge like my new one which has a seperate sender unit that sits in the engine bay and reads the boost level?

Looking forward to seeing it in the car!

Its a weird one,

There is several slots on the one side of the box unit for the extra gauges we presume and on the other side is some more wires with the connectors on them and another connector with just a black and red wire (we take it this is the wires needed to power the gauge)

But what plugs into it and where it goes we do not know :o

Gutted I sold it now, been looking at some nice GT's to buy instead of a Civic now :D

Firstly, keep to a starlet mate, this forum needs you lol.

Also, does the gauge kit have any units, boxes with a nipple that a boost hose can connect to? If it doesnt you will probably need to source one from somewhere. I cant think of any other way it would read boost otherwise! Pics of the rear of the gauge, wiring and any other units would be a definate help too :o

Did you get this from TC, Sparks?

Im flattered Pav :D:o:D

Heres the kit, You can see where the gauge connects to the unit and extra slots for more gauges, it also has the vacuum pipe for the boost.

On the back then theres extra connectors and then another connector with just a black and red wire going into it

th_gangan19zo2-img600x450-121758997-3.jpg th_gangan19zo2-img600x450-121758997-2.jpg th_gangan19zo2-img600x450-121758997-1.jpgth_DCWhite_1.jpg

Well, you can't deny the truth! Rack up a nice Gt, then work your magic with a load of zep racing body work, and respray in carribean blue I say!

Ah I see about the gauge now, looks pretty simple to me. Just mount the black box under the dash (under the drivers side somewhere, then route the boost pipe through the firewall. I would have thought the black box takes the power then feeds it to the gauge, could be the other way around though.

Also, stepper motor gauges FTW, much better and more accurate than mechanical ones in my opinion!

electronic ones aren't more accurate no, you'll never get more accurate than a quality mechanical gauge, thats fact. Electronic ones just provide versatility of peak recall, peak hold, warning etc, and funky stepper motor functions, but they are certainly not accurate.

why the chuff did you sell this sparky? i worked my boobs off to get this for you, its a cracking unit. what is wrong with you boy, you crazy welsh cunt.

also, if you need any info on it then let me know, i cannot remember the wiring exactly but it should be like any other gauge, ignition live, sidelight feed and then an earth, the hose will be for the pressure, ofcourse.

all of the other ports are to connect alternative gauges and sensors to, such as water temperature, thats why there's so many bits on it. to be honest you'll stuggle to find such gauges without that unit anyway so just use it as its intended. and yes, it works, i tested it.

gt's, good (i'll prob get a little auto in the new year, 800quid auto mk1 gt will do me), but also, you fail at life.

well, you're welsh so you failed long ago, but now you've just failed slightly more.

also cuddles fur the car ye?

lol :D .. well im thinkin its just red and black to connect up, vaccum is not a problem as ive already got a pipe coming thru the bulkhead to the dash.. Now the hard part is getting a live connected to the box.. gonna have to make up some lengths of wire with a connector on the end or something.. I dont wanna go wiring it up wrong...

So to confirm.

Only the 2 wires. black n red ... need to be connected up.. other wires are for other gauges ?

Ive found a diagram/installation pdf for the DC2 but its slightly different :(

Oh and a big thank you to sparky :D .. cant wait to see this in action myself :o

electronic ones aren't more accurate no, you'll never get more accurate than a quality mechanical gauge, thats fact. Electronic ones just provide versatility of peak recall, peak hold, warning etc, and funky stepper motor functions, but they are certainly not accurate.

Oh really, well I found that my new stepper motor gauge gave a much more stable reading than my previous one, which seemed to read very inconsistently indeed, it was however an autogauge boost gauge :D .

Sounds like you just need to wire up the red to live and black to earth Soop, (unless there are any other wires like yellow or orange which is usually to dim the gauge when the lights are switched on), then you can fire it up and see whats crackin. :o