caramel/eraser/chocolate wheel

Don't like the look or sound of it, looks like it'd do more damage than good.

Saying that, if it's used by all the bodyshops like they say, I'm sure it's fine.

I'll stick to hairdryer and fingernails for now though...

I would never use something like that on any car i own! How are you gonna gauge the 3500RPM for optimum speed etc etc

So whats wrong with using a hairdryer to heat it and fingernails to pick it off and a simple rag with petrol on it to get rid of the glue????

God knows, probably had it at the right speed and knew exactly what he was doing.

Respray probably.

Just heat it with a hairdryer and remove, simple as, won't sound like your car is on the verge of death either.

fudge wheels are brilliant tools, I use them at work, dont use it if you know or suspect the panel's been resprayed after an accident, the reason being manufacturers bake the paint at 180 degrees C, as all the metal parts including the shell of the vehicle are painted together.

All bodyshops including mine now use low-bake ovens only climbing to around 70-80 degrees, any higher and the plastics on the car would melt. If the panel in question still has the factory finish, it will be fine to use the fudge wheel on , just be sure to keep moving, as to not overheat the lacquer and start peeling it off.

Al.

As far as i know "bobs" still got his original coat except for the the edge on the front bumper where i painted it.....your a legend mate thanks restored my faith in it :o:D

any other tips? also what about the laquered surface thing?