Can you help me with the electronics?

Hi there guys I'm new to the site and I'm doing a conversion to my ep91. I'm just looking for some advice on how to do the wiring with the gt wiring loom.

I've been given advice to replace the engine bay wiring loom and leave the dashboard wiring with the old na loom, would this work???? and what else would I need to do in getting the car started lol.

There are three ways to do the loom.

1) Cut and chop the engine loom for the 4EFTE and 4EFE and mate them together. If you can do this then well done as it is extremely hard.

2) Get a Glanza engine with the engine loom and the dash board loom and put them both in. Downside is taking the dashboard loom out. Pretty tricky as the whole dashboard has to come out. You will also need the dials for this loom as well.

3) Get someone to make a plug and play loom for you. This will allow you to keep you original dashboard loom and have the 4EFTE loom made so the engine works as do all the dials. I can get one of these for £310 delivered but you need to send off both a 4EFTE loom and a 4EFE loom. The 4EFE loom has to be from your car and the 4EFTE loom has to be from the engine that is going in it.

All of them are just as annoying as each other. The only difference is the last one where someone does the hard work for you :o. Thats what i chose to do.

Bourkey

You send off a magical part of the Log book that you fill in when making changes to the car eg colour or engine etc. Then you try and get it insured. I can't rememebr my insurance company but I had to change due to Directline not being able to insure it. It pretty much doubled the price of the insurance as well. Definately worth every penny :D.

Bourkey