Found some wheels. help getting them!

If you really want them you`ll have to pay silly money but im sure they will help you get them in....personally i`d wait

1. It will lead to better things if you wait longer
  2. You can spend the extra £x ammount on other mods later

If you decide to get them i`d only get the alloys (if possible) as the tyres must weigh quite a bit, you could also save money that way on postage and source new tyres of your own choice.

they probs will go for alot more than 20k and youve got 5 days left but if they go for £20k your probs looking at 25-30k in japan after yahoo charges etc etc and then approx £100 to ship ^_^

edit : they are minted though ^_^

as above, they wont go for 20k, if they go for near that then you'll see little change from £500 in today's exchange rate, thats with slow shipping, and the sort that means they'll get little protection on the way over, meaning they will probably get ravaged by salt water and such. bit of a shame, but there we go.

when the exchange rate settles to what it was (around 200-250yen to the pound) then they'll be much more affordable, no point bringing them in at todays rates unfortunately. Those would have cost about 250-300quid a few months ago ^_^

thanks for the replys!

All the jap wheels i can find (i only know of ce28 and te37 as im a nub) on ebay are the wrong sizes ^_^

I dont mind paying a little extra for the wheels,as i cant see the rate dropping anytime soon , But to be honest i havent a clue what there worth!

fishy:how much do you think theyl sell for?

and would you be able to organise them getting over safely?

they're 'worth' 200-250max, probably with tyres, i've had a few sets of them in the past, they aren't anything special, just, black. definately keep your eyes on ebay.

type in searches such as mx5, pulsar, civic etc, they all use the same stud patterns, definately dont go paying over the odds for them though, they just arent worth it.

Also, noone will know what they'll go for until the auction ends ^_^

is that all there worth!

blimey, i was expecting double that.

Are te37's/ce28's worth that? as the ones on ebay go for alot more than 200-250

It might be worth mentioning that almost everything is worth peanuts to Ecks ^_^

TE37's and CE28's are usually forged, so yes, they are worth more, however they do look a bit pap in the smaller sizes. TE37's 'can' look good on the right car, but CE28's (IMO, ofcourse) have to be large, at least 17, pref 18", with a monster dish, to fully appreciate the style of the wheel, you just cant get that with the smaller sized wheels.

Same with the 3-spoke SA3R advans, they look gash in anything less than 17", as you dont get the dish from them (my SSR Kakimoto's are 9" wide, for example, with a 2.5" dished lip, might be even more, never measured).

What im saying is, there are alot of wheels you could bolt to a starlet, i had approximately 16 sets of wheels in a year of ownership, so i'd definately recommend keeping your eyes peeled on ebay, civic forums, mx5 forums etc, then you can pickup a cracking set of jdm wheels for next to nothing, with tyres. Its how i used to do it, and i had some cracking wheels, forged etc, without spending anything anywhere near what they should have been worth ^_^

It might be worth mentioning that almost everything is worth peanuts to Ecks ^_^

You'd cry if you knew what i bought those erasers for :p

ye thats the thing, i never pay full price, because i search out the bargains, well, did, dont have the time anymore, but you'll DEFO find a bargain on the likes of ebay, or other car forums, just sniff them out. mx5's are a good bet, but as are pulsars and such, usually mx5's have the best styles and rare models though, you'll tailor your ebay searches to sniff them out for you after a while ^_^

ofcourse mate, but they'll never look at good as some in 18x10, with those awesome forged spokes ripping people's shins apart.... ohhh yeah....

but anyway, you'll be able to get yourself some now you know the secrets, get digging through those forums, i've found some corkers that way (wish the Work Beta's i bought didn't have chunky tyres on, otherwise i'd probably still have the car ^_^).