I've been thinking about this and want to know if it has ever been done before or if it is possible without too much work.

For those who do not know - some EP82 Starlets had Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension, (or something like that anyway) which gives the option for hard or soft settings and then an automatic activation of the hard setting under heavy braking or flooring the throttle.

So I thought why not fit it to an EP91, as I use the car most days and coilovers would always be harsh with no way of changing it to a real soft setting it's not ideal for going to work in or things like that.

As for fitting them is it as simple as just changing to aftermarket shocks or will it be a custom jobbie? - Half of it looks simple as the bolts positions for the strut towers are the same so that means not having to drill any new holes or anything like that, but will everything fit underneath? (All EP82/EP91 front strut tower bolts are in the same positions and some EP82 rears are the same as the EP91 N/As, I have a GReddy rear strut brace that was made for the EP82 on my EP91). It's just a matter of the bottom parts of the dampers being in the same places which I think they are?

I have read that it should be fine to use lowering springs with them rather than OEM springs, but would anything else need to be added or changed?

On another note Koni adjustables are about the same price (but without being able to electronically control anything of course).

Would the Teins have a soft setting though, I mean would they be able to go soft enough for a comfortable ride? Or would it just be for the varying degrees of harshness?

The whole idea of being able to electronally adjust it was because I'd like a comfortable ride especially on some of the roads round here. But on the other hand I don't mind the bumps that much tbh.

I think I'll probably end up just going for Koni adjustables and some decent springs or just get D2's, but I wanted to check out all the alternatives first.