possible clutch problem

ive been noticing latley that my clutch isnt what it used to be, its really light almost non existant. last night i stalled the car and it dint even jurk forward just cut off. is there any tests you can do?

ben

it judders a bit when cold but thats it and ive only noticed it slip on 2 occasions when on boost. its suposed to be a trd clutch but i have no proof. how hard is it to bleed it?

Not to far from Kevins workshop if you do need help.

It's pretty easy to do, locate the clutch bleed nipple on the slave cylinder at the front of the gearbox. Connect a bleed tube and crack off the nipple. Get someone to pump the clutch until the fluid comes through and make sure all the air is out of the system if there is any. Keep topping up the clutch cylinder and make sure it doesn't runner dry which will allow more air in. Once down close the nipple and pump up the pedal.

A voila clutch bled :lol: Let me know how you get on and we will go from there. If it's slipping at all then it's really time to get a new clutch as it sounds passed it's sell by date.

T

He is the chap that builds all our forged engines and does all our mechanical work, I would show you the workshop page on the website but it's closed for anothe week. He is around 1.5 hours from you and it's a nice drive, used to live in Swansea for 3 years so remember the route well :lol:

Let me know how you get on.

T

When the clutch first starts slipping it will do it only when the turbo boosts up.IE the revs will go up but the car wont pull in accordance.

When it gets worse, it will slip more even without the turbo being on boost, and youll end up having to drive around in 2nd gear at a snails pace because it simply wont grip.Thats only severely worn clutch discs though.

Basically, put ya foot down, revs go up but car doesnt pull = worn clutch.

If the gears arent going in smoothly and youre having trouble selecting them , could be needing a bleed, adjustment of clutch pedal or a worn gear linkage.